Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #16
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Mine has shipped too:

June 11, 2009 01:10:00 AM MEMPHIS TN US Arrival Scan
June 10, 2009 09:09:00 PM --- Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

However I will not receive it until Monday (MyUS and Douane). Sigh.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #17
Yojinbo
Enthusiast
Yojinbo began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis, Aura One, Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojinbo View Post
Billing Information Received is all I have so far.
Out for delivery this morning! Bless those 3rd shift UPS workers toiling through the night to deliver my device.
(tries not to think about carbon footprint of express delivery offsetting 10 years of paperless reading)
Yojinbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Yojinbo
Enthusiast

OK, back to
"Delivery of your package has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions or an unforeseen natural event. UPS will deliver the package as soon as possible. We apologize for this unavoidable delay and appreciate your patience."

Maybe there was an earthquake in the Midwest that I didn't know about?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It's here! Unpacked & charging & indexing its little, err big, heart out. Took a quick look at some pics in "Endurance" - some are pixelated beyond recognition, some are gorgeous. More later.

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Just got back from the cardiologist; UPS isn't here yet.

Date Time Location Event Details
June 11, 2009 08:22:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Out for delivery
June 11, 2009 08:16:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
June 11, 2009 07:17:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
June 11, 2009 03:55:00 AM MEMPHIS TN US Departure Scan
June 11, 2009 12:09:00 AM MEMPHIS TN US Arrival Scan
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
It's somewhere in town...LOL

8:54 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
Just hasn't reached my hot little hands yet..

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #22
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
If I were livign in USA I had got yet.

MyUS people has received and has sent to me...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #23
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Woohoo, got it!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #24
dedicated
dedicated began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Kindle DX
Wonder why mine shipped FedEx, because I didn't pay extra for 1-day shipping? Oh well, FedEx says mine was picked up in Indianapolis yesterday and arriving tomorrow here in Los Angeles. Until then, will snoop around here for all the impressions.
dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #25
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
I know how you all feel ---- when the Sony Reader came out I was SEIZED with a sort of lust ------------- I ordered it as soon as I read about it, and some accessories! Despite the highish pricetag.

But now I have a Kindle 2 also and wish I had waited for the DX, because I read history books with maps and illustrations.

But the thing about the Sony is the old rule never buy 1.0 electronics or software.......

I have the original Sony 500 and so can't download the free Google books they offered.

For that reason, though craving a DX, I mean to cool my heels with the smaller model for a couple years. Maybe a year. A few months.....
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #26
Yojinbo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojinbo View Post
OK, back to
"Delivery of your package has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions or an unforeseen natural event. UPS will deliver the package as soon as possible. We apologize for this unavoidable delay and appreciate your patience."

Maybe there was an earthquake in the Midwest that I didn't know about?
In hand now. They delivered late yesterday but I had already left town by then. Not sure what the delay message was about.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Received my Kindle DX yesterday, and it's great- this is the ebook reader I have been waiting years for. Page refreshes are fast, A4 sized pdf support is flawless. It's much faster than my PRS-505, and any kindle books I buy can also be read on my ipod touch.

Why did it take so long for someone to market an e-book with these features, esp. A4 pdf display? The cost was a little high, but I have spent at least that much on pdf conversion software over the past 10 years (acrobat, gemini, etc.).

There will be stiff competition among large screen readers, IMHO. And I think all of them, including the Kindle, will have firmware upgrades to support more formats- like Office. The ONLY complaint i have about the DX is no html support. This is silly; there is a browser built in, so why not html support? I am going to see if I can't get the browser to display uploaded html docs. Either that or convert my html docs to pdf.
wgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #28
rijker
curiouser and curiouser
rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX, K1,K2, iTouch 16gb
Funny- yesterday rec'd an e-mail from Amazon that shipment was 'delayed due to natural disaster' etc. so was completey surprised and pleased when the Kindle DX and cover were waiting for me at home after work! Delivery date was originally for the 15th. yay!

- rijker
rijker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #29
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
It's better to receive such a message than being disappointed. I was not so lucky with my new 24" LCD.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote