Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
Sanjay Agnihotri
Sanjay Agnihotri began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy 10.1
Simple Solution for Converting Devnagari (Sanskrit/Hindi) or other font book to epub

Dear All

I am a new member. I think the problem with us is that, we think, technical hints will make sense to the normal users. In other words things which are obvious to us are obvious to everybody and so that we don't have to tell/explain. I am not blaming any one but I want to make our discussion useful to normal user. If you go through all Devnagari and other font related threads (which I am sure you already did), will also prove my point. Anyway I made a simple procedure attached herewith and I tried to explain it as much as I can. The motive of this thread is to make conversion as simple as possible. Please don’t take it otherwise and help me to make the procedure better and more useful.

Regards

Sanjay Agnihotri
Attached Files
File Type: doc Create a hindi book.doc (126.0 KB, 1950 views)

Last edited by Sanjay Agnihotri; 04-06-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Sanjay Agnihotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks for your procedure. There should be many potential users of it.

The author of calibre, the software program, is very likely a native speaker of Hindi, and now lives in Mumbai!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #3
Sanjay Agnihotri
Sanjay Agnihotri began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy 10.1
Simple Solution for Converting Devnagari (Sanskrit/Hindi) or other font book to epub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Thanks for your procedure. There should be many potential users of it.

The author of calibre, the software program, is very likely a native speaker of Hindi, and now lives in Mumbai!
Thanks for response mrmikel!!
I am looking forward to hear from him and other members for their valuable suggestions to make it more useful for users. Also, I will be more than happy if I can be a help to improve any of these tools (i.e. Calibre, sigil etc.)

Regards

Sanjay Agnihotri
Sanjay Agnihotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:16 AM   #4
randompilgrim
randompilgrim began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
Problems in creating EPUB in Hindi

Hi,
I tried to follow the instructions you gave however the adobe reader still cannot read my epub file. Could you please guide me a bit. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Agnihotri View Post
Dear All

I am a new member. I think the problem with us is that, we think, technical hints will make sense to the normal users. In other words things which are obvious to us are obvious to everybody and so that we don't have to tell/explain. I am not blaming any one but I want to make our discussion useful to normal user. If you go through all Devnagari and other font related threads (which I am sure you already did), will also prove my point. Anyway I made a simple procedure attached herewith and I tried to explain it as much as I can. The motive of this thread is to make conversion as simple as possible. Please don’t take it otherwise and help me to make the procedure better and more useful.

Regards

Sanjay Agnihotri
randompilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:44 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by randompilgrim View Post
Hi,
I tried to follow the instructions you gave however the adobe reader still cannot read my epub file. Could you please guide me a bit. ?
@randompilgrim:

You are trying to read it with Adobe Digital Editions, right? Not Adobe PDF Reader?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert