Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
USB host?

Anyone know if the micro USB is capable of "host" or not? I just ordered a USB adapter to see if it is, but I figure someone must have already checked...
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Anyone know if the micro USB is capable of "host" or not? I just ordered a USB adapter to see if it is, but I figure someone must have already checked...
I just tried when I saw your thread. It's not. I already have an adapter that I use with my Sony Tablet.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I think you need a special version of the cable that has pins 4 and 5 on the microusb side shorted. Google around, as there are special cables you can use to do this.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
It's definitely not supported in the software.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
It's definitely not supported in the software.
Oh really? I was hoping that it would just show up in the file explorer as another SD drive or something.

Oh well, sounds like it probably won't work. I'll still keep my order for the adapter on the off chance that I can make it work - it only cost $1.

If anyone does find a cable that works, let me know.
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Oh really? I was hoping that it would just show up in the file explorer as another SD drive or something.
If you're referring to the kindle itself, it will show up on your computer, of course.

If you mean, a third device connected to your kindle...I don't think so.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
weatherman
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
If you're referring to the kindle itself, it will show up on your computer, of course.

If you mean, a third device connected to your kindle...I don't think so.
That's what I mean by host - the Kindle Fire itself "hosting" other devices, such as keyboards or USB drives.