Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle 4nt
Hi. So this does not work with Kindle 4 (NT)?
wildcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Well let's count the ways in which this is the poorer option.

It's closed sourced. It's paid for. It's slower. I could go on. Make the other thing work.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #33
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
I wanted to download the trial version of your software from http://wifi001.com/ but it gives an error. Can you please resolve the issue.

In case the OP is not responsive, can someone please upload the most recent trial version of this (I know one person attached a version but that's old). Thanks.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #34
Salah
Enthusiast
Salah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
i Got a kindle 4 with 4.1.1 os with a broken screen can this work ?
Salah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #35
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, it won't fix the screen. Are you hoping for a VNC *server*? This is a *client*.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #36
Salah
Enthusiast
Salah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
id like to see my kindle screen on my pc is it possible with his software??
Salah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:00 AM   #37
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
No. This goes the other way around. You need a VNC *server*. Dig in the archives, I think there'd been one posted here. Not sure whether it fits for a K4, though.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
No. This goes the other way around. You need a VNC *server*. Dig in the archives, I think there'd been one posted here. Not sure whether it fits for a K4, though.
twobob posted a lot of "screenshots" taken of the Kindle screen as displayed on his PC.
But I don't think any K4, most where K5 and some PW1.
Information about getting the server working on the Kindle should be in one of his threads; if not in one of his answers in this thread.

Last edited by knc1; 09-09-2014 at 08:38 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, No X on the K4, which potentially complicates matters a bit.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #40
cer7400
cer7400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch WiFi
hello,
it does not work for kindle touch??
cer7400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #41
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cer7400 View Post
hello,
it does not work for kindle touch??
Kindle Touch == K5
Yes, it works.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:24 AM   #42
cer7400
cer7400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Kindle Touch == K5
Yes, it works.
the archive content is:
update_ss_0.1_dxg_install.bin
update_ss_0.1_dxi_install.bin
update_ss_0.1_k2_install.bin
update_ss_0.1_k2i_install.bin
update_ss_0.1_k3g_install.bin
update_ss_0.1_k3gb_install.bin
update_ss_0.1_k3w_install.bin

there is no K5 so the question remains
cer7400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:18 AM   #43
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
the archive content is:

there is no K5 so the question remains
Those have one thing in common -
They are all keyboard devices;

I would suggest you read the posts of this thread, starting around post #24.
My Bad
See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150434
That one should work on touch screen devices.

Last edited by knc1; 09-26-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #44
Gigel
Gigel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
the archive content is:
I did this. But nothing works. I have Kindle 3.
I would have even wanted to use it as an external monitor.
Gigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #45
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigel View Post
I did this. But nothing works. I have Kindle 3.
I would have even wanted to use it as an external monitor.
What do you mean by "I did this" ?

We need more details than "Broke" or "Nothing works".
This is a technical forum, we need the technical details of what you have done and what the result of each of those things has bee.
You must write that in your post, we can not see over your shoulder.

WHICH "Kindle 3" ?
As you can see by the choice of installation packages in the archive, there is a choice to be made.

Post the first 4 characters of your serial number please.
That will tell us (and you) which "K3".

That archive also contains directions.
Did you read them?