Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Who's willing to test this Ermine?

I added some missing apps and libraries to enTourage's Ermine: Google Maps, Market, Gmail, Talk, Voice Search,... based on CyanogenMod 6 gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip. And you need to provide a space to upload this thing - 160MB.

Usual disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything which might happen to you device, I'm not testing on my the only device (it's still hibernating).

P.S. No thanks to yugami.

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I will host it for you on my dropbox. fire me a pm and will will give you my email
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

hope there are 2 version one for EE and one for PE?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
ptsenter
Addict

Not yet, just PE.
I'm not sure yet how to proceed: wait results of testing on PE or expand potential test base.
And I don't have EE - there is no way for me to check content of libraries.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
vicinc
Guru

send me the file. I will load it. I have a PE but it borked only lcd side working, I have ermine and does not want to downgrade. I will try to see if updates mine with your version. I do not know why mine does not menu+rotate downgrade. any chance you could cat your yaffs partition for me so I can try to dd mines?
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
I added some missing apps and libraries to enTourage's Ermine: Google Maps, Market, Gmail, Talk, Voice Search,... based on CyanogenMod 6 gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip. And you need to provide a space to upload this thing - 160MB.

Usual disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything which might happen to you device, I'm not testing on my the only device (it's still hibernating).

P.S. No thanks to yugami.
wow... that's good work, I would host it(hell I would give you your own space on the site), but I'm not sure I want to given the childish way you seem to act and how you're trying to alienate a very helpful member of the community.

We all know that those sources that he "withheld" from you were for the most part useless, and that no one even knew what it was you meant when you asked for them. There was no need for you to be angry at him in the first place, and continuing it does nothing to help you either.

On top of that, your post(as I read it) makes it seem as though you are demanding that we host it, which is way out of line in my mind(especially given the vast number of free hosting solutions as well as the kind members of the board).

Drop the accusations and start acting a little more mature and I'll be fine to offer you space on my site for free.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
send me the file. I will load it. I have a PE but it borked only lcd side working, I have ermine and does not want to downgrade. I will try to see if updates mine with your version. I do not know why mine does not menu+rotate downgrade.
After you tried post logcat, thanks.

Quote:
any chance you could cat your yaffs partition for me so I can try to dd mines?
I'm a little fuzzy here: do you want list of files in a directory or actual files?

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-06-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Drop the accusations and start acting a little more mature and I'll be fine to offer you space on my site for free.
I don't bargain, keep it.

P.S. I hate moralistic police.
P.P.S. No thanks to yugami.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
vicinc
Guru

Thanks for the file. I will try to see if my PE will want to update to this. Should I understand that thanks to yugami you are not willing to share this anymore? I understand you well as every attempt to get rom development on this was firstly hinder by Entourage first, than by certain members of the community that really do not like sharing.
However I kindly ask you to reconsider this as I hope seeing the improvements more people will come forward and help.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #10
vicinc
Guru

On another note I am waiting for the second PE to be shipped from US to UK will take another week or so I think, as my first is borked working only on LCD. I am trying to restore the first one by DD-ing the partitions.
Until now I could get anybody to help with some partition images
if you do adb shell cat /proc/mtd
than # cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/mtd1.img , # cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/mtd2.img, etc. one of the images is 2.5 gb we can skip that one.
I can use than adb to restore my first PE. I am trying to find a restore method if the update.zip rotate+menu does not work as in my case. thanks for this Peter.
PS have you look in update.sh if we can bypass the id checking on edge. My edge has now unknown serial number, so this may be the reason it does not want to update.
If you change your mind and you want me to share your test rom, let me know.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
However I kindly ask you to reconsider this as I hope seeing the improvements more people will come forward and help.
Don't worry and go ahead and post that file for everyone to be accessible.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
PS have you look in update.sh if we can bypass the id checking on edge. My edge has now unknown serial number, so this may be the reason it does not want to update.
If you change your mind and you want me to share your test rom, let me know.
I'm going to work on scripts and config files as I get catlog.