Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
wolfmembaca
wolfmembaca began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader prs300
need help with recipes for indonesian newspapers

Hello from germany,
first of all I like to thank everybody who created/worked on calibre -its fantastic!!
As beeing a user of this wonderfull programm it is of course only fair to me, trying to help creating new recipes. BUT - as having no idea about python (never heard of it before) I loaded some phython editors etc, read the tutorial about recipe creating and tried out with pasting and reorganising existing recipes and during a frustrating week I get only error messages.
I tried to get the "argentinische Tageblatt", a weekly newspaper published in Argentina in the german language, which seems to me easy to "convert" because the newspaper is created as one PDF-file. (www.tageblatt.com.ar).
No succes...
More frustation I got trying to download indonesian newspapers (I am trying to learn the indonesian language) like "tempo Koran, suara merdeka etc). These newspapaers were managed on one website (pressmart)(like http://epaper.korantempo.com ). It needs a login and a password (free subscription).I tried to "use" a similar recipe with a password routine (the foreign affairs (subscription or(free) Registration) but only error messages.
Up to now getting the newspaper (without calibre) I have to open each page separately, transform it to pdf and save it on my computer -very annoying

Perhaps can somebody produce a working recipe for the tempo koran (its not religious "koran" means only newspaper in indonesian!) and give me some explanation within the routines, so I will do the work trying to adapt the rest of these indonesian newspaper an upload them to calibre.

Sorry, newbies have funny ideas sometimes ......

Thank anyway wolf
wolfmembaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmembaca View Post
I tried to get the "argentinische Tageblatt", a weekly newspaper published in Argentina in the german language, which seems to me easy to "convert" because the newspaper is created as one PDF-file. (www.tageblatt.com.ar).
No succes...
Recipes are html based. They don't work well with PDFs. "Easy" is anything with an RSS feed to HTML pages, preferably pages that have a "print" version link on them.

Quote:
More frustation I got trying to download indonesian newspapers (I am trying to learn the indonesian language) like "tempo Koran, suara merdeka etc). These newspapaers were managed on one website (pressmart)(like http://epaper.korantempo.com ). It needs a login and a password (free subscription).I tried to "use" a similar recipe with a password routine (the foreign affairs (subscription or(free) Registration)
You'll need to study the login page to get autherntication to work. It's not the easiest place for you to start.
Quote:
Up to now getting the newspaper (without calibre) I have to open each page separately, transform it to pdf and save it on my computer -very annoying
If you are adding it to Calibre, don't use pdf.

Quote:
give me some explanation within the routines, so I will do the work trying to adapt the rest of these indonesian newspaper an upload them to calibre.
If you have to use a password site, study this for authentication:
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/wiki/recipeGuide_advanced
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert