Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
aln9876
aln9876 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Broken screen :(

Does anyone have any experience with Kobo screens spontaneously breaking after a year? I've read about a bunch of really good experiences on here and I'm not sure why I was pretty much just told by Kobo customer care to buy a new Kobo. The associate told me that there are no repair centres or replacement parts available for the Kobo touch (most the the repair stories on here involve sending the Kobo to an address in Toronto, where I live and bought my Kobo).

The only reason why I imagine she told me to give up was because I'm a year and two months into my purchase? Still... it does seem weird to say there are no repairs/parts if there clearly are (or perhaps were... some of the posts are from 2011).

Any advice? Should I try heading into Indigo, even though I no longer have my receipt? I just want to be able to read all my books again
aln9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Someone else can probably help you on the repair issue but your books are safe. If you got hold of a new Kobo or refurbished Kobo (even if you got a different one such as a Glo or Mini) all your books would be on it once you did a sync with your account. All you Kobo books are still on your Kobo account online and any sideloaded ones should be on your computer so they are all safe. Good luck with the repair.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It's wrong, but a repair shop is almost for sure going to cost you as much or more than a replacement. A DIY repair would probably require getting parts from China or somewhere. Not sure if I've seen anyone that's found a source for that yet.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote