Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
navigating "my library"

Is there a faster way of navigating "my library" besides paging through?

I know I can change the sort, but if the book starts with a W and the author starts with a W that doesn't help much, and most of my books apparently have the same date (I'm guessing nook uses download date?) It's a bit wearying to page through to page 26 or whatever.

I could put fewer books on the nook for a shorter toc, but being able to carry lots of books is one of my favorite things about it.
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Not at the moment. The B&N Library has a Search feature, but My Documents doesn't.

I limit myself to 28 e-books in My Documents, which along with the 2 unremovable docs (Nook Tour and Nook User Guide) gives me only three pages. I've taken to using Calibre to try to help provide some organization on my computer, although it doesn't offer a whole lot more.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
I limit myself to 28 e-books in My Documents, which along with the 2 unremovable docs (Nook Tour and Nook User Guide) gives me only three pages. I've taken to using Calibre to try to help provide some organization on my computer, although it doesn't offer a whole lot more.
Maybe I'll have to limit the books on my nook, too. *sigh* Well, this problem should eventually resolve itself. Much of My Library is books that I'd purchased from fictionwise and hadn't gotten around to reading yet on my older ebw. Eventually I'll get through the backlog and then I'll be able to buy books via 3g right before I read them.

Hopefully I'll be able to resist buying more than I can read immediately . . . .
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
It sufficient to softroot your nook.
Then, you can navigate by author, search books, sort by author, title, etc..
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote