Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #931
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Started following the Weight Watchers program at work yesterday. My employer is paying half for 12 weeks and it earns points toward a health insurance discount and anyone who loses 10% gets put into a drawing for some neat stuff like Bose headphones.
Best of luck. Do you have a target weight loss in mind?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #932
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suppose I should report that a month of snacking means I'm back up to 74kg. Time to buckle down and make 2014 the year I get back below 70kg for the first time in a couple of decades or more.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #933
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Back in October my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic and I had one year to drop some weight and get my sugar numbers down or I was going to have to go on meds and daily testing. I had diabetes when I was pregnant and I do not want to go back to stabbing my fingers anytime soon.

She told me to cut out all carbs from grain products and basically move to paleo eating. No bread, pasta, rice, cereal or potatoes. Nada. Cold turkey. And cut back on sweets. (Not really a problem there except for chocolate). Carbs only from veg sources.

Not a fan of the paleo concept but can't argue with the results. Felt like crap for the first two weeks from carb withdrawal; constantly hungry for the first month and then things evened out and I felt great. I dropped 26 pounds and have plateaued right in the middle the range my doctor wanted me to hit.

Still a few months before I go back for a blood sugar assessment but I feel really good and am optimistic about my results. Time will tell.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #934
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
When I was dieting hard, I cut out rice and noodles from my daily meals. Tough to do when living in Asia but it made a big difference. I was never much of a cake or candy eater so that part was easy, except for the occasional square of really dark chocolate. A bar could last me three months. French fries 'can be' my downfall. I love 'em!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #935
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, time to reprise my diet and take off a quick 5k. Goal is to do it in 30 days. That will take me right up to tournament weekend, light enough to dance through the competition!

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 07:16 AM   #936
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I suppose I should report that a month of snacking means I'm back up to 74kg. Time to buckle down and make 2014 the year I get back below 70kg for the first time in a couple of decades or more.
Still the plan -- no progress yet.

But now that birthday cakes are gone, I hope to report a sub-73kg weight before the end of May.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #937
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Down half a kilo, but after the fencing practice this afternoon, that could be a half kilo of sweat. A fencing uniform jacket has three layers of cloth, the plastron under-jacket has three layers of cloth. Add a T-shirt under than for a total of seven layers, PLUS the stainless steel lame over-jacket and we're talking about a moveable sauna!

Stitchawl
Old 05-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #938
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My employer is sponsoring a 12 week Weight Watchers program. (They paying for half and you earn points toward an insurance discount.) I've lost 20 pounds so far.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #939
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
My employer is sponsoring a 12 week Weight Watchers program. (They paying for half and you earn points toward an insurance discount.) I've lost 20 pounds so far.
That's a lot to have lost. I'm rather hoping this means you're very nearly at the end of the program?

I only want to lose about 10 pounds (to get down a little below 70kg). If I manage that in the next 12 weeks I'll be astonished!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #940
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Well done! Keep up the good work! It's worth it in the end, especially if you are able to continue you current eating style. We feel so much healthier when we shed the excess weight.

Stitchawl
Old 05-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #941
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I still have more to lose. Though at 6'5", I could be thin as a rail and still be over 200 lbs.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 AM   #942
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Well, I've dropped the 5k that I planned on, but still have two weeks until the tournament so I'm going to continue with the diet. If I can drop another 4k by the 20th, I'll be well under my target weight, so when the 2-3k rebound strikes I'll be right where I've wanted to be when I first started dropping weight in Japan. Now that I'm able to fence again, between that and my walking I should be able to maintain that weight!

Stitchawl
Old 06-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #943
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Congratulations, Stitchawl!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #944
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Haha I'm always saying I need to lose more weight but I always end up eating and gaining more than I lose them. I usually tend to have one or two cheat days in a week and apparently today was one of those days and I kinda went crazy on the desserts LOL! Oh well, diet starts tomorrow (or rather, diet forever starts "tomorrow") lmao!

I am hoping to lose a couple more kg (maybe about 5 pounds) but I think those last few remaining kg/pounds of your target goal are the hardest to lose. I salute everyone who has the motivation and determination to see through their dieting plans to the end!
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #945
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I have another 2.5 lbs to hit my goal weight but I've lost 21 lbs since the end of April. Another week to go.

I read 'The Hacker's Diet' years ago and logic of it worked for me. I've been using the Lose It! app this time which works similar but it's much easier to log. I've been impressed with how well it tracks to plan.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote