Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
How do I change the default folder?

When I first ran Calibre I foolishly specified MyDocuments folder which works fine except that it is very difficult to backup just the Calibre files. I should have specified mydocuments/calibre.

Since I now have a fair amount of data in the meta information that I really don't want to reinput from scratch I really would like to move to a saner folder.

Suggestions please.

Thanks John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Change location via Preferences->General.

It is normally easier to copy the files first, and then simply point Calibre to the new location. If calibre finds a library already present at the enw location it simply switches to using it. If there is not a library at the new location, then Calibre will copy the old one, but it tends to be much slower than doing it via Explorer.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Change location via Preferences->General.

It is normally easier to copy the files first, and then simply point Calibre to the new location. If calibre finds a library already present at the enw location it simply switches to using it. If there is not a library at the new location, then Calibre will copy the old one, but it tends to be much slower than doing it via Explorer.
Thank you,

works perfectly.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote