Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
abermp
abermp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Protecting the PRS-700

I bought the PRS-700 because I like to read and travel a lot. However, I was uncomfortable about putting it into my briefcase without some kind of protection, so I bought the eCaddy case at http://www.ecaddycase.com/. It has protected the reader but the tin is thin and fairly flimsy (dents easily). You have to take the reader out of the tin to use it (which is good if you like to fold the cover back and hold it in one hand). Overall, I think it offers good protection but is over-priced.

Not satisfied, I later found the Electronic Book Armor case, same site. I bought it before my wife could stop me. I have to say this is an awesome cover! The reader, with cover, slides into the shell which is far sturdy than the eCaddy. It provides much better protection; I don't have to remove the reader from the case; and, it really looks good. Again, this is an awesome cover! I highly recommend it (wish I had seen it before I bought the eCaddy case.
abermp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
OMG, the Electronic Book Armor case looks fabulous, and is probably exactly what I am looking for! Is it heavy? Is it a lot larger than the eReader? The zip & hard shell sounds great for the depths of my purse, assuming it's not to big or heavy!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
abermp
abermp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
No, it is very slightly larger than the PRS-700 and very light. The cover reminds me of a black colored kevlar or other heavy-duty fabric (but again very light). The EBA cover is much harder than the eCaddy tin case. The longer that I have it, the more impressed I am with it.
abermp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks so much for the info! I've just ordered one! I'll let you know what I think once it arrives.

Sayhello
Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
I like the case but I'm still a holdout for my home brewed minimalist T2 cover.

To each his/her own I suppose...
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Thanks so much for the info! I've just ordered one! I'll let you know what I think once it arrives.
Hello sayhello. Did you ever get your BookArmor case? Do you agree with abermp that it's fantastic?
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
The other day I was on the subway,and half the car was covered with ads for the M-Edge covers for the Kindle-I can no longer put my PRS700 in its factory issued case (long story)-am HOPING the M-Edge case for the 700 comes out this month...I'd like to give it to myself as an early birthday present !
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Amazon has a Few "Memory Foam" covers for sale for the PRS700, I think they are just K2 Covers that the PRS 700 can fit it though cause all the pictures have kindles in it, but still, they are like zippered thingies that would work.

I dont like them, Waiting for M-edge for months already, i wish they would release them already.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I love my Book Armor case. I commute on the bus, carrying a backpack, and the Book Armor is perfect for being able to just toss my reader in my pack and not worry about it.

One very minor note - it is very very snug - it fits the 700 almost a little too tight (although I think it's just right). I've noticed if I'm not careful about turning off my reader (generally happens when I unplug it on the way out the door) that the touch screen will be registering touches just from carrying it around and making contact with the screen side of the case. Now I just make sure to turn off my reader and it's no longer an issue.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah i support the book armor case for backpacking it.

I want a Replacement Leather Case, that doesnt add bulk. it adds feel
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
davef
davef is on a distinguished road

I got the book armor case too. Walking around with just the Sony cover made me nervous about damaging it. The book armor case is light, but tough. It feels like I've got a small hardcover book.
I've noticed that sometimes the touch screen registers things if I forget to suspend the device before closing the cover... I try not to do that.

Anyway, highly recommended.
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
sayhello
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_wolf View Post
Hello sayhello. Did you ever get your BookArmor case? Do you agree with abermp that it's fantastic?
Yes, I did. And for travel, it is absolutely fabulous! VERY sturdy, the reader + case fit in it very well. It's a bit too big to fit in my purse, so I don't use it on a daily basis, but I feel so much better having it in the Book Armor case when I'm shlepping on & off planes, running around and such. It's really, really protective, and not bad looking, either!

Sayhello
Old 05-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
sayhello
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
The other day I was on the subway,and half the car was covered with ads for the M-Edge covers for the Kindle-I can no longer put my PRS700 in its factory issued case (long story)-am HOPING the M-Edge case for the 700 comes out this month...I'd like to give it to myself as an early birthday present!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Waiting for M-edge for months already, i wish they would release them already.
The new M-edge covers for the 700 and 505 are on Amazon.com now!!! They are beautiful! And on sale. I just bought one in grey/black. I can hardly wait!

Sayhello
Old 05-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #14
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I saw this-I *think* I may end up buying two ...at least..or perhaps I can convince someone that it would be a lovely gift...(I already sent him the link LOL ). I like the Mocha/Saddle ones...and the black...but I am still undecided.Sales are always good
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
The other day I was on the subway,and half the car was covered with ads for the M-Edge covers for the Kindle-I can no longer put my PRS700 in its factory issued case (long story)-am HOPING the M-Edge case for the 700 comes out this month...I'd like to give it to myself as an early birthday present !
m-edge has covers for the 700 now. See the following link...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?...rs-700&x=0&y=0
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote