Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
scarter
scarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
PRS505 Battery Meter

Is the battery meter in the PRS505 linear, or is it like the gas gauge in my car - it takes a long time to reach the 1/4 mark, and but then moves toward "E" so fast you can almost see it move... In other words, is there the same amount of reading time between the battery meter indicating full (4 bars) and 3 bars and between 3 bars and 2 bars, etc.?
scarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I've never let my 505 battery meter drop more than 1 bar but it seems like it takes a long time just to do that
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd say it's linear, certainly more so than those hinky gas gauges tend to be, but I don't really have anything to support that beyond "it seems that way" to me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
When you are charging, if you disconnect it before the little red light has gone out then the meter is apt to be unreliable.
Also, in the beginning, it takes a few charging cycles before it settles down and becomes accurate.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote