Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 AM   #406
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just finished the Audible Bound by Lorelei James. I really hope the eBook goes on sale. This is a keeper for me. I haven't been this excited by a book since Thoughtless. I loved it. 4.5 rating. I had some issues with the heroine personality as she seemed like a rebellious teenager at times instead of an adult but I loved the story and the hero. I also wished the author stopped using the C word that is just so unsexy. March 25th is when the conclusion comes out. So maybe book one will go on sale.

Just found the next book will not have the same narrator but the guy who did a horrible job reading the last chapter is narrating the next book looks like I will have pay $8 for the ebook. Rachel did an amazing job. Luke Daniels sucked at reading.
You should drop the author an email about it. It's probably too late to fix that one (unless she does another edition, later), but for future books, it's always preferred to avoid a reader that you know costs you sales.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #407
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
A Point of Pride by Liz Fielding for $0.99

Previously published by Harlequin

Quote:

At eighteen, Casey O’Connor had fallen in love with one of her father’s workmen. She saw their future as wedding bells and happy ever after, but when she realised that she was going to be just another notch on Gil Blake's bedhead her world shattered. Hurting and distraught, she threatened to have him sacked. The next day he’s gone and she discovers that it’s not just her world that’s broken, but her heart.

Six years later, and with her father about to go bankrupt, Gil Blake is back. The attraction is just a powerful, the emotion just as strong, but this is no fairytale reunion. No longer a builder’s labourer, but oozing power and wealth, Gil coldly whistles and Casey – desperate to save her father’s company – is obliged to dance to his tune. And her heart breaks all over again.
Kindle

Nook

Smashwords

Kobo
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #408
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

The Bride Wore Chocolate (Sweet and Savory #1) by Shirley Jump (Zebra 2004)
I'm letting Amazon know that I do not appreciate getting 81% through the book and thinking the story is over because there is the ad/preview of book two of the series. I was like "What the *@#&$@#*&. She can't leave the story there." Fortunately I went ahead and moved forward and found the story continued. Still ticks me off. Save those for last, Amazon/publishers.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #409
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Read:
  • Unforgettable by Elise K Ackers (B+/4 stars)
  • Ask Me for More (Homeland #2) by Elise K Ackers (B-/3 stars)
  • Concealed in Death by JD Robb (B-/3 stars)*
*=This is one of the books where I do kinda wish Calibre did 1/2 stars. I love this series overall. It's easy to say which are the gems and which I find lacking. But I always struggle and go back-and-forth in my mind on the “average” books for this series. So I almost gave it 4 stars, but feel it fits better with the ones I've given 3 stars.

I have gotten lousy Kobo codes so far, so didn't buy much this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 2-23.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	119461  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #410
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just finished reading all 3 books in this series, highly recommend [N/A-Contemporary]. First book is on sale $.99 More Than This - Jay McLean
blurb:
*Mikayla*
In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak and desire, and the strength to show weakness.

*Jake*
One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.

*This is our story of a maybe ever after.*

He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years.
I couldn’t undo what had been done. I couldn’t change the future.
I couldn’t even predict it.
It was one night.
One night when everything changed.
It was so much more than just the betrayal.
It was the Tragedy.
The Deaths.
The Murders.
But it was also that feeling.
The feeling of falling.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #411
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Read:
  • Concealed in Death by JD Robb (B-/3 stars)*
*=This is one of the books where I do kinda wish Calibre did 1/2 stars. I love this series overall. It's easy to say which are the gems and which I find lacking. But I always struggle and go back-and-forth in my mind on the “average” books for this series. So I almost gave it 4 stars, but feel it fits better with the ones I've given 3 stars.
I actually really enjoyed this. I'm afraid to say why, since the book is so new I would imagine almost everyone would consider it spoiler. So I'll put it in spoiler tags and try to be as vague as possible - but there is spoilerage here.

Spoiler:
One of my favorite most recent books is Treachery in Death. It shows so clearly that Eve is maturing into both her marriage and her position in her squad ("I'm the lieutenant" - she's acknowledging she's the boss). This was another book where we got to see Eve's maturity - she's running her squad, giving Peabody more work to do on her own, and yes, the insights into Mavis's past were an unexpected surprise.

And she doesn't have to fight with Roarke every time either (personally, I wouldn't mind if she didn't tup Roarke every book, too - it's getting repetitive!) Every now and again I do an "In Death" audiobook marathon, and I forgot how much Eve and Roarke fought in those early books. I'm glad she doesn't need to fight so much.

Lastly, one of the things I have trouble with most is how gleefully Robb will put you in the heads of the worst killers and indulge in some truly horrible gore. So, I especially liked that all the murders in this book were done "off-screen". There will be those who hate it because they're children - although they're older than others she killed off earlier in the series. There was one aspect of this case that I wondered about though - whenever they found a "missing persons" case that looked like one of the reconstructions, she always went straight to the notification of the family. I remember on the first one I thought, "What? You're not going to confirm it with DNA before telling them?!"
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #412
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
It's not that I disliked the book at all. I thought it was a very solid entry in the series. But when rating books I try to rate them in comparrison to the others in the series/by the same author. Overall I would say a two star In Death book is better than many 4 or 5 stars books by other authors, but giving all of them 4 or 5 stars defeats the purpose of ratings
Spoiler:
I thought with the first girl they identified they needed a DNA sample from the family to absolutely confirm, but there was enough evidence to be fairly sure. Wasn't that in the scene (where both parents were doctors) or am I rembering incorrectly? I figured they just got additional DNA samples from the other parents/family members as they went along.

I was bummed that Roarke couldn't remember the button was off the jacket of a suit Eve owned and not the coat she borrowed from Mavis to wear over it. But I figured that was just an oversight on Nora's part that wasn't caught by editing. It didn't yank me out of the story totally the way it appears to have done for some other readers.

ETA: I don't mind when Roarke and Eve have spats. I find it more realistic they don't get along 100% of the time. One of my favorites was the one in the newly decorated room over the fact she doesn't consider Roarke's money hers. But I do like that they don't fight quite as often as they used to. I think one of the big draws of the series is the development of Eve and Roarke's relationship.

Last edited by library addict; 02-25-2014 at 01:45 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #413
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've read "Concealed in Death", and it's a 5 stars for me, mainly for some of the reasons FizzyWater says

Spoiler:
It's as dark as the last one, where I had to skip the parts from the killer's POV. I feel emotions in the book, the grandmother's reaction, Loona's reaction, Eve wanting to tell the story about the girl that Loona has told to her grand mother. And I've liked seeing the interactions among the characters -- and I hope to see more of the new doctor
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #414
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You should drop the author an email about it. It's probably too late to fix that one (unless she does another edition, later), but for future books, it's always preferred to avoid a reader that you know costs you sales.
I've thought about it. It seems to me Bound and Unwound was one big book and they originally split it at chapter 27 at the end of the big cliffhanger scene which Rachel does all narration but the last chapter, chapter 28 it switches and Luke takes over and wow talk about ruining a story! To switch from one narrator just like that totally threw me! The last chapter was probably the first chapter of Unwound and may still be.

According to the Amazon Unwound is read by Luke Daniels who is not a voice actor in my book at all. I wont be getting it. Rachel was awesome right up there with Lorelei King and that's saying something.

I'll probably put a review up at Audible later because Rachel is one narrator to watch she is new but she is very good.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #415
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I'm letting Amazon know that I do not appreciate getting 81% through the book and thinking the story is over because there is the ad/preview of book two of the series. I was like "What the *@#&$@#*&. She can't leave the story there." Fortunately I went ahead and moved forward and found the story continued. Still ticks me off. Save those for last, Amazon/publishers.
Let the author know sounds like Kindlegen scrambled the order of the book. Fixable in Calibre but the author can fix it if you drop her a note.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #416
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
A few sales from Random House. So far only 1 drop besides Amazon but will probably drop elsewhere.

If You Hear Her (Ash #1) by Shiloh Walker - $0.99
Kindle | Google

Quote:
A CRY IN THE WOODS
The scream Lena Riddle hears in the woods behind her house is enough to curdle her blood—she has no doubt that a woman is in real danger. Unfortunately, with no physical evidence, the local law officers in small-town Ash, Kentucky, dismiss her claim. But Lena knows what she heard—and it leaves her filled with fear and frustration.

Ezra King is on leave from the state police, but he can’t escape the guilty memories that haunt his dreams. When he sees Lena, he is immediately drawn to her. He aches to touch her—to be touched by her—but is he too burdened by his tragic past to get close? When Ezra hears her story of an unknown woman’s screams, his instincts tell him that Lena’s life is also at risk—and his desire to protect her is as fierce as his need to possess her.
From the Paperback edition.
About Last Night by Ruthie Knox - $0.99
Kindle

Quote:
Cath Talarico knows a mistake when she makes it, and God knows she's made her share. So many, in fact, that this Chicago girl knows London is her last, best shot at starting over. But bad habits are hard to break, and soon Cath finds herself back where she has vowed never to go . . . in the bed of a man who is all kinds of wrong: too rich, too classy, too uptight for a free-spirited troublemaker like her.

Nev Chamberlain feels trapped and miserable in his family's banking empire. But beneath his pinstripes is an artist and bohemian struggling to break free and lose control. Mary Catherine--even her name turns him on--with her tattoos, her secrets, and her gamine, sex-starved body, unleashes all kinds of fantasies.

When blue blood mixes with bad blood, can a couple that is definitely wrong for each other ever be perfectly right? And with a little luck and a lot of love, can they make last night last a lifetime?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #417
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For all you Android users . . . if you haven't already downloaded the app I recommend Google Opinion Rewards. It did not take me more than a few months to rack up over $20 in credits just by answering 1 or 2 questions a day a few times a week. I 've been using my credits to purchase publisher bargains in the Google book store. So far I've gotten 6 books for $10 in credits and still have $10 left to spend.

Well worth the (almost no) effort.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #418
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
For all you Android users . . . if you haven't already downloaded the app I recommend Google Opinion Rewards. It did not take me more than a few months to rack up over $20 in credits just by answering 1 or 2 questions a day a few times a week. I 've been using my credits to purchase publisher bargains in the Google book store. So far I've gotten 6 books for $10 in credits and still have $10 left to spend.

I have been using it to but have very few apps I'm interested in using it on. Books however, i definitely need to give Ute another view! :-)
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #419
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

I didn't know you could buy books with it!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #420
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I didn't know you could buy books with it!
I assume music and movies as well.