Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Turkish Dictionary

I hate Kobo's built-in en->en dictionary, after so much fun with Kindle's dictionary. Turkish being my mother tongue, I thought I would look for an en->tr translation dictionary that I can use.

So far I have looked into a certain tool called "penelope" and did not have much luck with it. It crashes at a certain point. When I check the working folder I find a (not complete?) dictionary about 1/6th of the input file. I have tried placing it in .kobo/dict and the reader doesn't even see it.

I have looked at dictionaries Kobo sells and there is no Turkish dictionary there either.

Has anybody successfully created an English -> Turkish translation dictionary? Any links maybe? Thanks!

PS: I have a Kobo Mini if this info is necessary...

Last edited by Majorix; 06-24-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorix View Post
I hate Kobo's built-in en->en dictionary, after so much fun with Kindle's dictionary. Turkish being my mother tongue, I thought I would look for an en->tr translation dictionary that I can use.

.... text deleted for brevity ....

Has anybody successfully created an English -> Turkish translation dictionary? Any links maybe? Thanks!

PS: I have a Kobo Mini if this info is necessary...
You might want to check the Direct Links to Kobo Dictionaries thread in the Kobo Developer's Corner. One use (arrrow245) mentions using Alpe's Penelope code to convert a StarDict English/Turkish dictionary successfully.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196931

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Yeah I have seen that thread and the post too. That's why I have tried Penelop albeit unsuccessfully. Any other ideas?
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorix View Post
Yeah I have seen that thread and the post too. That's why I have tried Penelop albeit unsuccessfully. Any other ideas?
PM arrow245?

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote