Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #181
Draccy
SciFi E-Book Fanatic
Draccy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 2
You rock, thank you!
Draccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #182
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Thank-you for all your hard work in this. I was on a bridged 5.3.0 jb. Everything upgraded smoothly. Installed 5.3.1 followed by your 5.3 jb the kindlet, collections manager and screensavers hacks. All are working awesome! Once again, thanks.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #183
rocknrolla
rocknrolla began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
ixtab !

Thank you soooo sooo much! I just registered to thank you.

Again thank you so much.
rocknrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #184
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
ixtab !

Thank you soooo sooo much! I just registered to thank you.

Again thank you so much.

I like these posts, they make me happy... so thanks to you!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #185
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

I like these posts, they make me happy... so thanks to you!
Yes, it is wonderful to see/read the appreciation from others for the hard work.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #186
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
I found the jailbreaking very easy! Thank you so much, ixtab, for sharing your hard work!

There's one question that I have though: for some strange reason I can't upgrade to 5.3.1. I've tried restarting the device but it didn't work, and I'm quite sure I've read that it's possible to upgrade even a jailbroken kindle. Even my k3 updated itself recently!
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #187
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
fail code for update?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #188
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgalee View Post
I found the jailbreaking very easy! Thank you so much, ixtab, for sharing your hard work!

There's one question that I have though: for some strange reason I can't upgrade to 5.3.1. I've tried restarting the device but it didn't work, and I'm quite sure I've read that it's possible to upgrade even a jailbroken kindle. Even my k3 updated itself recently!
Did you follow the instructions for the official 5.3.1 update? There shouldn't be any problem installing it (except that I recommend to re-jailbreak it after the update).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #189
MrFritz
MrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmosMrFritz has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Did you follow the instructions for the official 5.3.1 update? There shouldn't be any problem installing it (except that I recommend to re-jailbreak it after the update).

AN FYI FOR THOSE UPDATING TO 5.3.1

I was running 5.3.0 with Python and Linkss. I successfully updated to 5.3.1. However, the update "broke" my screensaver app. Without uninstalling anything, I successfully reinstalled python. However, when I reinstalled Linkss, I thought it bricked my kindle. My Kindle was stuck with the Kindle "tree" screen being displayed without any text and it was unresponsive to touch as well as the off/on switch and could not be accessed via the USB port.

What to do ????

I kept holding down the off/on switch. Eventually, the Kindle resumed the Linkss installation and completed it successfully. I was sure that my Kindle was bricked. All is well now.

Having previously install Linkss, I'm sure that I had waited long enough.

Fred
MrFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #190
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@MrFritz:

Completely normal for the 5.3.x updates, they're full update, they wipe the rootfs, so you need to reinstall hacks that touch it. (FYI, that's not the case for the Python package, but it is, in part, for the screensavers one).

As for what you describe, it's probably unrelated to the ss hack: it's triggered later in the boot process (and prints a status message during its 'blocking' stage).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #191
mossfoot
Fuzzy Knight
mossfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-600
quick question - I'm not finding a lot of stuff to add on with the Paperwhite, but got ixtab's screensaver mod running - which is great Never liked the normal Kindle ones.

But one mod I'd very much like to find as a time saver - I'd like to find a way to add "Airplane mode" as a default menu option instead of having to go to settings and then turn it on/off.

Ideally, I'd love to find a way to just tap the wi-fi symbol up top to switch airplane mode on and off. I want to have airplane mode on most of the time to save juice, but it's a pain to have to remember to go to settings and do it every time.
mossfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #192
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
quick question - I'm not finding a lot of stuff to add on with the Paperwhite, but got ixtab's screensaver mod running - which is great Never liked the normal Kindle ones.

But one mod I'd very much like to find as a time saver - I'd like to find a way to add "Airplane mode" as a default menu option instead of having to go to settings and then turn it on/off.

Ideally, I'd love to find a way to just tap the wi-fi symbol up top to switch airplane mode on and off. I want to have airplane mode on most of the time to save juice, but it's a pain to have to remember to go to settings and do it every time.
sounds like a job for JBPatch, but AFAIK that's still being developed for the PW...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #193
Mayerling
Mayerling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 PW
So now that I have it jailbroken....how do I add my own screensavers and do all the stuff I am now allowed to do?

I followed NiLuJe's guide https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474
to do the screensaver hack. But I am still seeing the special offer screensavers.
Does his guide not work with the method you used to jailbreak? Do you have any guides on screensavers that applies to your method?
Many thanks!
Mayerling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #194
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayerling View Post
So now that I have it jailbroken....how do I add my own screensavers and do all the stuff I am now allowed to do?

I followed NiLuJe's guide https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474
to do the screensaver hack. But I am still seeing the special offer screensavers.
Does his guide not work with the method you used to jailbreak? Do you have any guides on screensavers that applies to your method?
Many thanks!
Screensaver hack does not work on Special Offers Kindle.

Removing SO from Kindle is very easy to find out by yourself, but you won't find help here.
If you don't know how to do that, then there's an easier way - pay Amazon to remove SO from your device. Easiest working solution.
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #195
Mayerling
Mayerling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Screensaver hack does not work on Special Offers Kindle.

Removing SO from Kindle is very easy to find out by yourself, but you won't find help here.
If you don't know how to do that, then there's an easier way - pay Amazon to remove SO from your device. Easiest working solution.
I actually already payed them to remove special offers. However I am unable to connect to the wifi here at work. I already applied the hack I mentioned above, so does that mean that once I connect to a wifi and amazon removes the SO the hack will work or will I have to re apply it?

Also I would prefer to use a hack by ixtab so if you know of a guide he has for custom screensavers could you link it here?
Thanks!

Last edited by Mayerling; 12-14-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Add more info
Mayerling is offline   Reply With Quote