Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Libbyfh
Connoisseur
Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Ipad, Iphone
Crime Fiction Thrillers, Short Story Collection

Hi, all. I have 4 additional crime fiction novels/thrillers and a short story collection that are available on the Nook, Kindle, and Smashwords. I've linked to the Nook and Amazon versions for this post. I hope you'll check them out.

When pretty, smart Sara Long is discovered bludgeoned to death, it's easy to blame the man with the bat. But when Georgia Davis - former cop and newly-minted PI - is hired to look into the incident, she discovers that some teen girls on Chicago's North Shore have learned just how much their innocence is worth to hot under the collar businessmen.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Eas...easy+innocence
http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Innocence...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Little Molly Messenger is kidnapped on a sunny June morning. Three days later she's returned unharmed. Then the brakes go out on her mother's car. An accident? Except that her mother may have may have misappropriated three million dollars. Doubleback reunites PI Georgia Davis with video producer Ellie Foreman, who track leads from Chicago to Wisconsin to the Arizona border.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dou...SRI=doubleback
http://www.amazon.com/Doubleback-ebo...5883007&sr=1-1

William Kent Krueger:Short stories are the poetry of prose. They are precise, cut to the bone, every word a necessity. Libby Fischer Hellmann has the hand of a master. The stories in this collection have all been published previously. They re unified by the presence of two women: Ellie Foreman and Georgia Davis. Libby is a nice girl, but I guarantee these stories will take you places nice people don't go.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Nic...girl+does+noir
http://www.amazon.com/Nice-Girl-Does.../dp/B003NE6E32

Joe Konrath:To read Libby Fischer Hellmann is to love Libby Fischer Hellmann. Her writing is tight, fast, and highly entertaining. But I had no idea Libby was so versatile. The collection of stories -- all previously published -- offer a wide variety of styles, tones, and topics. Funny. Dark. Poignant. Exciting. Surprising. Hardboiled. And, of course, Noir.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Nic...girl+does+noir
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...JVZ98F4BPG1KNZ

Last edited by Libbyfh; 01-24-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Libbyfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Libbyfh
Connoisseur
Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Because I "heart" readers, I've cut the prices of DOUBLEBACK AND EASY INNOCENCE, two of my crime fiction thrillers, to 99 cents on Kindle. Limited Time only.

Hope you'll check them out.

[Images allowed only in the first post - MODERATOR]

[Images allowed only in the first post - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Libbyfh
Connoisseur

A noteworthy mention

EASY INNOCENCE is a featured "Weekly Great Read" on Digital Books Today. http://digitalbooktoday.com

And, in case you'd like a little more info about it....

Q--How did you happen to write a story and plot like EASY INNOCENCE?
A-- Some books come from a vision. Others from personal experience. EASY INNOCENCE came to me out of fear. My daughter was starting high school, I was recently separated, and I doubted my ability to be the single mother of a teenage girl. A hazing incident at a nearby high school had just occurred -- it made the national media -- and several teenagers ended up in the ER. I started to wonder what would have happened if a girl had been killed instead.

Q--As a single parent how did the research and findings on teen prostitution affect you?
A-- It was sobering. Not so much the fact that teen prostitution exists -- I knew that. But the fact that girls from seemingly stable middle-class families were hooking for money to buy designer clothes, toys, and gadgets -- that was a shock. I started to wonder what that said about the lengths girls go to in order to be accepted by their peers, as well the values we're teaching our daughters.

Q--Did you include the teen prostitution angle because you were a writer developing a plot or because you were a mom trying to send a message to other parents? A-- It started as a plot device. EASY INNOCENCE unfolds in layers, like the peeling of an onion. Readers first suspect the girl's murder is related to the hazing. But I knew from the start it would turn out to be something else, and when I came across the "suburban prostitute" angle, I knew that's where the story had to go. There's yet another twist, as well, that unfolds later in the novel. I hesitate to say I'm sending a message, because that sounds patronizing. If readers find one, though, I won't be disappointed.

Q--How much of a problem has teen prostitution become?
A-- Let's call it "suburban prostitution." It's hard to say, because there are no reliable numbers. Police believed it was on the upswing five years ago, especially on the East coast, but I haven't heard much about it recently. But I do have anecdotal "evidence" (articles and news reports) that shows it cropping up in suburban Chicago and Minnesota in 2007.

Q--Was this a difficult story to write because you are a mom of a daughter?
A-- It wasn't, because I have a tendency to compartmentalize. The girls I was writing about weren't -- and never would be-- my daughters' friends, so I could conceptualize them without impunity. I will confess that the trickiest part was rendering Lauren Walcher's (the teen madam) mother. It took me a long time to think about the type of woman whose daughter would become a madam.

Q--Some readers will be surprised they aren't just picking up a typical mystery thriller won't they? This has an entirely extra layer that is dark and alarming.
A-- I didn't think about that when I was writing the story, but when it was finished, I did wonder how readers would react. If they'd even believe it. That's why I've made the links to some of my research available. It does happen, perhaps not quite in the same way I've written about, but the issue is one we need to think -- and talk -- about. What are we teaching our daughters? What example are we setting ? And what can parents do to make sure their daughters don't end up in that place?

It's also on Nook here.

Hope you'll take a look.

Tags
crime fiction, female sleuths, short stories, thrillers