Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
Creating mobi file in java

Hi, I have been searching the Internet for some information on how to create a mobi ebook file from within Java. I don't see why this would be difficult but there doesn't seem to be any info out there about this. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

I'm looking into writing a desktop application that can output its files as a mobi file to read on the kindle. When it's working I'd be glad to share it here for people to have a look at.
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Hi, I have been searching the Internet for some information on how to create a mobi ebook file from within Java. I don't see why this would be difficult but there doesn't seem to be any info out there about this. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
I don't think you'll find any info on using java code for specifically creating mobi's. But if you're willing to do a little porting from other programming languages, there are open source projects that should have more than enough reference material to get the job done:

Calibre uses Python
Mobiperl uses Perl.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert