Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
mphoseeko
Edge User

Cool Can someone tell me how long the new download takes it been about 1hr and its still

Should I start over or wait.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Jennifer
Edge User

My download took about two minutes, and the installation part took about six or so. If you're new to Android, as I was when I got my eDGe last month, you might miss the fact that there's a small down arrow in the upper left corner of your screen. (On the notification bar with the time on it.) If you see that arrow, then press and hold the bar and drag it down the screen. Then you'll be able to install the update. If you've already done that, and it's been over an hour and still no reboot, I think I might contact customer service.

Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
PonMan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Jennifer may have spotted your problem.

If in doubt, carefully perform the instructions - every step - as outlined here: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=100. You can do this even if you think the update is still working at the moment.

The current update process is less than satisfactory, as noted by many users. The current major update might include an improved update process, but we won't know what it looks like until the next update is released
This May update also has a change for the update process. Next time you receive an update you'll notice that there is a progress bar in the notification area for the status of the download. The update itself is still applied in the same fashion, by pulling down the notification bar and clicking the completed download.