Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Question EZReader Plus

Any firm release date set yet for this reader?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Any firm release date set yet for this reader?
That is the Hanlin V3+, and is currently being sold by almost all the Hanlin resellers except Astak. Endless Ideas, in the Netherlands, has been selling it as the BeBook One 2010 Edition since March of this year.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
sagars24
sagars24 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: borges impres-
Accourding to roberb's blog Astak should have it sometime in july.
sagars24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
hch568
Enthusiast
hch568 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad2, EZRead Touch, Garmin-Asus M10
EZReader Plus $219, is it true? If this is true, I'll just get one for myself then. But I have yet to figure out where the international sale "button" is.
hch568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch568 View Post
EZReader Plus $219, is it true? If this is true, I'll just get one for myself then. But I have yet to figure out where the international sale "button" is.
No Plus yet, but here is the "International Page";
http://www.astak.com/ezreader/step1.asp
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
The eBook Wars are a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagars24 View Post
Accourding to roberb's blog Astak should have it sometime in july.
Dear All:

The very best projection is that the EZ Reader PLUS will go on sale from Astak just before the end of July.

Please realize that the recent wars between B&N and Amazon make this rough. What if they lower still further? Maybe they sell at $99? What impact might that have? Astak does not want to end up with a fabulous new device at $219 or even $209 and try to go up against a $99 Kindle or B&N.

I know this is difficult. It is for Astak also!! Yet we do want to please you!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
hi, so with all the price drops is this even going to come out? if it is not less than 150 dollars, i dont think there will be any buyers.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

lots of vaporizing lately. hope not so with astak.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #9
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
BeBook have been selling this as the BeBook One 2010 Edition for nearly 3 months now so the model exists.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #10
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
BeBook have been selling this as the BeBook One 2010 Edition for nearly 3 months now so the model exists.
It seems to be available from all the resellers except Astak, but the price seems to be quite high for a relatively old technology device. It is basically the Hanlin V5 with a 6" screen and no jog wheel. Both BeBook and Lbook have the price at about 250 Euros (approximately $320 U.S.)
Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
It seems to be available from all the resellers except Astak, but the price seems to be quite high for a relatively old technology device. It is basically the Hanlin V5 with a 6" screen and no jog wheel. Both BeBook and Lbook have the price at about 250 Euros (approximately $320 U.S.)
If I recall Robert mentioned a few weeks ago that they need to clear the current 6" stock before selling the new model. Makes sense in my opinion.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #12
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
If I recall Robert mentioned a few weeks ago that they need to clear the current 6" stock before selling the new model. Makes sense in my opinion.
Maybe for the seller, but not likely for the buyer. Another possible win-win way would be to sell the old model at a steep price reduction when introducing the new model, and let the buyer choose. The good thing about the long delay is that buyers of the new EZReader Plus should not see the battery killing problems with the V6+ that happened with the ones sold in the April/May time frame, now that the firmware fix has already been released. The other side of the coin is that the V6+ is now going to be in competition with the cheap Nook and Kindle in some parts of the world and USA.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #13
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wish... but know better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
hi, so with all the price drops is this even going to come out? if it is not less than 150 dollars, i dont think there will be any buyers.
Dear oncdoc:

NO argument that I wish this could be priced lower... but I will not lie or mislead... it is slated for around $219. Now, there MAY be sales where is gets to $199; but that is strictly a guess on my part and not a promise.

I agree that the price drops lately will impact the sale of the PLUS. On the one hand, this "PLUS" will be pretty amazing. It will be SO different (read BETTER) than the competition. It will have 21 formats, 26 langauges, USER-Replaceable Battery, SD card slot to 16GB, USB 2.0, Epson controller with 400 MHz processor, 64MB SD RAM, 16 level gray scale, quality case with ear buds included, and more. There AIN'T others out there that have even half of these features and some have maybe one!

On the other hand, the buying public will likely NOT care enough to look into these qualifications and will buy on price figuring a 6 inch is like any other 6 inch. Do I expect huge sales? NO! Will it be the best value... I think YES. Is it vaporware... positively NOT. It is coming and Astak will have it. Will you people on MR love it? Yes, I am sure you will as you are educated in eBook Readers and can appreciate lightness, speed of page turns, far faster loading and opening of books, crisp illustrations with detail, and NOT having to pay $59 extra for a case. Do I think the public will herald it? NO, because price is driving the market.

Am I happy? NO, because it is a damned shame that a device I love will likely not get much acclaim and will sell slowly. I am proud that we are going to have it... but let us face it... Astak (also known as EZRead, Inc) is NOT going to rule the device market. Will this be the device I would want for myself? Beyond any doubt! I just wish it came in colors!!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
Robertb

Another good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Maybe for the seller, but not likely for the buyer. Another possible win-win way would be to sell the old model at a steep price reduction when introducing the new model, and let the buyer choose. The good thing about the long delay is that buyers of the new EZReader Plus should not see the battery killing problems with the V6+ that happened with the ones sold in the April/May time frame, now that the firmware fix has already been released. The other side of the coin is that the V6+ is now going to be in competition with the cheap Nook and Kindle in some parts of the world and USA.
Dear Dave_S:

Yes, your points are right. IF we had been making money on the old EZ Reader 6 inch in the first place, we could clear them out by selling that quickly at a steep price reduction. Reality is we made NOTHING on the EZ Reader Basic and we are not prepared to lose more. Yes, I would love to blow them out. But we cannot do that.

Clearly, we are in a pickle. To our good, we are proceeding with the "PLUS". To our chagrin, we will lose money on it also.

What we will have, shortly, is the most innovative and advanced eBook Store ever created. That is where we can compete and do well. Expect big changes soon enough at www.EZread.com!!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #15
oncdoc
Addict

What we will have, shortly, is the most innovative and advanced eBook Store ever created. That is where we can compete and do well. Expect big changes soon enough at www.EZread.com!![/QUOTE]

seeling books at a price double of amazon and borders will not get you anywhere. Abandon ship. sorry, but thats my advice.