Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #541
maikbey
maikbey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
And here I was prepared to wait it out for months to years, thanks for reconsidering. I made experiments with the above mentioned Advanced renamer program. It is great, because it shows all files in the folders you drag and drop in in the order the folders are sorted. so folders 1, 2, 3 with the same filenames within each folder show up after one another.
Here is how it looks like: http://imgur.com/a/m97d9

That allows for very easy way to run a rename batch, which goes through the files and sets a number.

If something like that could be implemented using kcc, it would be truely a blessing for kobo users. Further I don't know if it could cause errors, but a kobo mode should have all images in one directory, without subfolders. The kobo aura hd reader can read numbered files properly, even when they are spread accross many folders (e.g you batch renamed all files so they have a unique number, but they are still in their chapterfolders). However, it feels like it takes a bit longer for the kobo to access each image, I also wouldn't put it past kobo to mess up sorting in that case as well.

An cbz-archive with hundreds to thousands of pictures works without flaw.
maikbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #542
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I already finished all code this morning. Sub-directories will be still there but all files will be renumbered with unique numbers.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #543
RetroHelix
RetroHelix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I'm using KCC 4.1 a great program btw

One thing that bothered me was that KCC creates quite big CBZ files when I let it convert a directory including sub directories and CBZ files. It looks like KCC does not only puts the image files in the CBZ but also CBZ files that are already present in the directory. Is this done on purpose?
Its not a big deal, since I can fix it by not letting CBZ files lying all around Just wanted to mention it.
RetroHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #544
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. It should completely ignore CBZ files inside directories as in directory mode it parse only bare image files.

I will check it.

EDIT:
Yeah. That is bug. I will fix it in next release.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-30-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:13 AM   #545
Timbo80
Timbo80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi there, thanks for this great tool. I'm using it on OS X 10.9.3. I managed to create a .mobi out of an .cbz file. The .mobi works fine in the Kindle App for OS X, but when I copy the .mobi in the documents folder of my Kindle Paperwhite (Firmware 5.4.2.1), the book won't show up on the list of books. I've tried serveral .cbz and .cbr files and I tried to use Calibre to transfer the .mobi instead, but that did not help either.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your support,
Tim
Timbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #546
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I seen your link. File is working correctly for me.

Try rebooting your Kindle. No idea why it is not working for you.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 AM   #547
Timbo80
Timbo80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi,
thanks for your time. Rebooting did not help, however mailing the .mobi to my @kindle.com email adress did the trick. Not a good workaroud for a large collection, but good enough for the moment.

Thanks
Tim
Timbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:40 AM   #548
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well something is wrong with your Kindle.

BTW you can't send file bigger than 50mb over email.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #549
yevkassem
yevkassem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does anyone know how to change the author name in a KCC conversion? Once I run a CBR through Kindle Comic Converter it automatically sets the author name on my Kindle to KCC. When I fix it in Calibre, the only way it sticks is if I convert that mobi file again to a mobi, and then it loses the dimensions that KCC converted it to. Any other way to change the author name without using Calibre? Thanks!
yevkassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #550
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes. Use ComicRack metadata. KCC read them and set proper author.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #551
yevkassem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Yes. Use ComicRack metadata. KCC read them and set proper author.
Damn. That looks to be exactly what I need, if I wasn't a Mac user. Anything for Macs?
Old 07-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #552
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

ComicTagger should work on OS X. Just make sure you writing ComicRack metadata.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #553
yevkassem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
ComicTagger should work on OS X. Just make sure you writing ComicRack metadata.
Worked! Thanks for you help.

One last question though - can't get the author name to sort on my Kindle by last name. For example, if I type in the author Frank Miller, it sorts in with the F's. But if I type Miller, Frank, it appears on my Kindle as Miller Frank. Any way to get it sorted by last name and in the right order?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 AM   #554
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

In ComicRack metadata comma is used to separate authors. So if you use "Miller, Frank" output file will have two separate authors: Miller and Frank.

No idea how Kindle sorting works when book have more than one author.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 AM   #555
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well in 4.1 version I apparently broken Windows XP support. For a second I planned to fix that but I suddenly remembered that we have 2014 already.

So 4.2 setup will no longer work on Windows XP.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-10-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools