Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Question Riddle me this ....

Years ago, I used to write my own riddles, and inflict -- I mean, share them with interested friends. Anyone interested here?

By way of a sample:

Many people, many places.
Always right and always wrong.
Truly shallow, seeming deep.
What am I?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes please !! i love riddles. is the answer to the first one a mirror ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well butter my backside and call me a biscuit! You got it in one, zelda_pinwheel!

You didn't go to High-School with me did you? That's when I was last tossing that one around.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist

Allrighty then, how about this one?

Bald of head, but never cold.
Hard when young, but soft when old.
I cannot live with my food.
Majestic in movement, in eating crude.
What am I?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader
A buzzard?
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

A good guess, but nope, not a buzzard.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
Bald Eagle
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

Wow, either these aren't as obscure as I thought they were, or you lot are really good at this.

Yes, a bald eagle is the answer to that one.

Anybody else got one?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
I don't know but I think we read alot.
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMascaro View Post
I don't know but I think we read alot.
Is that a riddle? Reminds me of the infamous "What have I got in my pocket?" riddle.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Is that a riddle? Reminds me of the infamous "What have I got in my pocket?" riddle.
why yes that *is* a reader in my pocket, but i'm also glad to see you...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
One of my favourite childhood riddles was:

What can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
That would be an umbrella.

And, the desired answer to "what have I got in my pocket" (I think) is "My Preciousssss". (a ring)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That would be an umbrella.
Correct - well done!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

Okay, I don't remember any more of the dozen or so I wrote years ago, so here's one I came up with today. Note that I can't and don't promise to come up with original riddles on a daily basis.

Without toes, I yet wear shoes.
My name's one of power and play.
I am most stable, a thing out of fable,
And also of quarter and dray.
What am I?

Tags
clouds of enlightenment