Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #31
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspot80 View Post
by the way,

I juse put the command :

kindlefix.py mybook.prcPID

without space after .prc and it gave me a different message, ireally thought it worked , but it didnt !!
What was the new message you got?

(I assume that there was a space between the .prc file name and your pid)
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I only used one PID , which is the one i got from Mobipocket after i downloaded it!

It's the only PID i have coz i am only using 1 Kindle..

The site is fictionwise.com , and i redownloaded with the same PID which was already there when i tried it the second time !
OK... that is your problem. If you want to use Kindlefix you have to provide your Kindles PID to fictionwise store. You are providing your PC's PID. But, I think you are getting your error because you are providing the Kindle's PID to Kindle fix.

So, your ebooks is encrypted with your PC's PID and you are passing in the Kindle PID to kindlefix and that PID does not exist in the ebook.

You can get your kindles pid using Kindlepid.py and passing in your Kindles serial number. If you want to use the PC's PID then you will need to use mobidedrm to remove the drm altogether.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 10-18-2008 at 06:44 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 04:47 AM   #33
deadspot80
deadspot80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok..

so i ran kindlepid.py on my Kindle's serial number and it gave me a PID..

i went to fictionwise and i tried to delete the previous PID but it says " PID non valid" and is not removed. So i added the PID i just got.

I redownloaded the book to my working folder and ran Kindlefix.py with this new PID .. and guess what? ? ?

It didnt work! it gave me the same message " PID doesnt match this file " !!
deadspot80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 AM   #34
deadspot80

also when i tried to delete the previose PID from fictionwise it says " device delete is not authorized for this account anymore. try again in a few days " !!

what the ... !
Old 10-19-2008, 06:09 AM   #35
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
i went to fictionwise and i tried to delete the previous PID but it says " PID non valid" and is not removed.
This was presumably a Kindle PID, so it may have been the right PID all along except that MobiPocket broke all the registered Kindle PIDs, see Fictionwise and the Kindle. Based on that thread, it seems you are unlikely to get anywhere until the bad PID has been removed. At that point resubmitting the Kindle PID might work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #36
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I haven't needed to run the kindlefix script so I can't give specific instructions but from searching the forum (using the search term "kindlefix"), you might want to double check the following (with links to the posts):

There are no letters "O" in the Kindle PID, it will always be a "0" (zero)

Make sure you've deleted previous books before re-downloading them.

Make sure there are no spaces in the PID and all letters are capitalized. Also make sure to keep the "*" in the PID.

The kindlefix.py, prc.py scripts and book are in the same folder.

The book title should have quotes around it.
kindlefix.py "BookTitle.prc" KindlePID

That's it from me. The experienced users should be waking up soon to give you more help.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why buy a Kindle if you are outside the USA? A V3 or Gen3 would have been a much better choice as far as a reader that handles Mobipocket format for someone living outside the USA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok..

so i ran kindlepid.py on my Kindle's serial number and it gave me a PID..

i went to fictionwise and i tried to delete the previous PID but it says " PID non valid" and is not removed. So i added the PID i just got.

I redownloaded the book to my working folder and ran Kindlefix.py with this new PID .. and guess what? ? ?

It didnt work! it gave me the same message " PID doesnt match this file " !!
You may want to run mobidedrm. That should work with the PC PID...

BOb
Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #39
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why buy a Kindle if you are outside the USA? A V3 or Gen3 would have been a much better choice as far as a reader that handles Mobipocket format for someone living outside the USA.
Does it really matter at this point?? The poster has a Kindle. The poster would like to be able to read some books on it. Who gives a flying fandango why the poster bought what he/she bought.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that a lot of shops do not allow the Kindle PID to be used. Best solution is the one that pilotbob mentioned.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #41
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
[hijack] Daffy you're a Deb and didn't say anything?! [/hijack]

dedspot I had the same invalid PID error message and wrote fictionwise. They said that mobipocket was updating their servers at the time. Two days later, the PIDs I was trying to delete were gone. Try again
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #42
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
[hijack] Daffy you're a Deb and didn't say anything?! [/hijack]
There are oh so many Deb's to choose from here (the coolest name evah... runs and hides). It's just easier to stick with Daffy.

Being a Gator... you dont' attack ducks right... especially ones with the same name as you... right?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Being a Gator... you dont' attack ducks right... especially ones with the same name as you... right?
Also, as a Gator does that mean you are/were a UF student?

BOb
Old 10-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #44
deadspot80

so guys, am still suffering with this ..

when i write : mobidedrm04.py surgeon.prc surgeon.mobi Mykindle'sPID

it gives me :
Eror: key not found . PID maybe incorrect

my kindle's PID is the one i took from Mobipocket softwere i have, so it suppose to be right!

any suggestions???!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #45
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
so guys, am still suffering with this ..

when i write : mobidedrm04.py surgeon.prc surgeon.mobi Mykindle'sPID

it gives me :
Eror: key not found . PID maybe incorrect

my kindle's PID is the one i took from Mobipocket softwere i have, so it suppose to be right!

any suggestions???!
Is it still wrong on the site you downloaded it from? The key is part of the encryption on the book when you download it. If it is wrong on the fictionwise site, then you won't be able to do anything until it is corrected on the fw site and you redownload.

Also, if it is your PC PID that is registered at fictionwise, then you should be trying the command with your PC's PID.

If you have more than 1 PID registered at fictionwise, delete all of them except 1. Example, I keep only my PC's PID registered.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote