Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #16
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
I don't know whether you've solved your problem by now, but as far as I can see, the Sony Reader Library has changed since the original version which shipped with the PRS-505.

I'm running Sony Reader Library 3.1.01 and there is now no My Account>Manage Hardware option and (I think) it now no longer needs Adobe Digital Editions as a separate piece of software, it handles the DRM itself.

If you're still having problems, I'd suggest this:

- Upgrade to the latest Sony Reader Library.

- Check whether it thinks your machine is authorised by going Help>About Reader Library. If you are, then it will say so next to the "Includes Adobe Reader Mobile" icon halfway down - look for something like "This Computer is authorized for Adobe DRM protected content. <your email address>"

- If not, follow the instructions in their help. In my version, that's found under Help>Reader Library Help. Then look for the Section "Importing Content", and it should show a page including a link to "Authorizing your computer and the Reader Device for eBook Stores". Then follow the instructions.

It may be that you will need to re-download a book (or buy a new one) in order to trigger the request to re-authorize the computer from within Sony Reader Library.

Rachel

P.S. Like a previous poster said, and they wonder why we hate DRM...
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorization, drm, registration