Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the perfect pet?
Cat 39 45.88%
Dog 24 28.24%
Fish 1 1.18%
Ferret 1 1.18%
Snake 1 1.18%
Llama 1 1.18%
Otter 3 3.53%
PENGUIN! 3 3.53%
mouse 0 0%
nice big hairy spider 2 2.35%
dolphin 1 1.18%
hippo (including its rear end) 0 0%
other* (must explain!!) *to include answers such as "blue one next to the fish" and PORTUGAL! 9 10.59%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #31
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
A well trained spouse... You can use them to earn money with.....

(I'm BAD)
Stepford wife?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #32
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Stepford wife?
I said spouse, not female...Men are spouses, too....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #33
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I actually had a black spider as a pet. Quite big, At least like a 2Euros coin. Hairy too. I had it for a while. It had chosen a crack in the wood plankings in the corner of the small outside room where I have my sauna. Not far from where I hang my bathrobe. At my eyes level. Whenever I went there I could see its two front legs, its head and attentive eyes. He made little movements in and out while I talked to him nicely. This went on for quite a while, let's say months. Then one day, I got there. He was out, right in the middle of things. I invited it to go back so I could hang my robe. He just did not give a dam. So I took a paper towel, got it in and put the whole thing outside. Weather was balmy. After the sauna I checked and it was gone. Where I do not know. Never told this to the wife.

Lost my last good dog years ago and also my two last beautiful she cats. Details will never be disclosed. I do not want pets anymore, but my little one is sort of starting to desire a red fish in a bowl. So that is what we will have soon, probably. And I am quite confident that it will be the perfect pet until it lasts. We are already beginning to tell her that little fishes ... I think that it would be good for her to have a living creature to observe, care, to be worried, to be amused and eventually sad because of it.

Last edited by beppe; 04-15-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #34
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I actually had a black spider as a pet. Quite big, At least like a 2Euros coin. Hairy too. I had it for a while. It had chosen a crack in the wood plankings in the corner of the small outside room where I have my sauna. Not far from where I hang my bathrobe. At my eyes level. Whenever I went there I could see its two front legs, its head and attentive eyes. He made little movements in and out while I talked to him nicely. This went on for quite a while, let's say months. Then one day, I got there. He was out, right in the middle of things. I invited it to go back so I could hang my robe. He just did not give a dam. So I took a paper towel, got it in and put the whole thing outside. Weather was balmy. After the sauna I checked and it was gone. Where I do not know. Never told this to the wife.
Reminds me of the cockroach I had in my appartment in Tokyo. It was so big, I could actually see its poo, so I knew where it had been. Believe me, I did NOT want to know. But it was so big, I felt bad about just killing it. One day I took it and dropped it out of the balcony (I was on the 3rd floor). A few days later it was BACK
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I said spouse, not female...Men are spouses, too....
Too true - as shown in the remake of The Stepford Wives!
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #36
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Reminds me of the cockroach I had in my appartment in Tokyo. It was so big, I could actually see its poo, so I knew where it had been. Believe me, I did NOT want to know. But it was so big, I felt bad about just killing it. One day I took it and dropped it out of the balcony (I was on the 3rd floor). A few days later it was BACK

WAY WAY too many details ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #37
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Memo to self: NEVER visit Florence - the Tokyo cockroach is probably on its way to wherever she's living now!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Once, in PuertoRico, I saw a cockroach, about the size of a package of cigarettes, trying to cross the road. It was dusk. It moved a couple of feet, saw a car coming, came back. Than it started all over again three or four times. When finally the road was safe, it hurried on the other side. Never saw it again.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #39
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Mogwai.

It's not just one pet, but as many as you want (just add food and water after midnight).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #40
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
PORTUGAL!!!

I was going to say one of those things that goes quack! but you'll know why I didn't.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #41
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
my animals won't let me choose just one
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #42
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Once, in PuertoRico, I saw a cockroach, about the size of a package of cigarettes, trying to cross the road. It was dusk. It moved a couple of feet, saw a car coming, came back. Than it started all over again three or four times. When finally the road was safe, it hurried on the other side. Never saw it again.
Someone who came from the Philippines once told me that over there, cockroaches fly. Not only that, but they have an erratic flight, so when they are coming at you, it's hard to know which way to go to avoid them
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #43
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Someone who came from the Philippines once told me that over there, cockroaches fly. Not only that, but they have an erratic flight, so when they are coming at you, it's hard to know which way to go to avoid them
obviously toward them.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #44
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
obviously toward them.
Of course
Old 04-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #45
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
isn't that where they catch them, glue fake jewels on them, tie a string to a leg and give them to kids?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote