Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Forum Français > Lounge français

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
You are speaking about the Cybook FW or do you mean the Opus?
the Opus will be ePub...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #17
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Now I finally get your "snickering" reference. Man, my thinking is slow today.
OK, next week it is, but this is the last time I'm falling for this.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #18
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
It's been tarring and feathering that came to my mind ... after that I'd snicker.

Or ist "snickering" a French phrase for "throwing someone into the Seine and feeling better afterwards"?
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I had discutions with the bookeen's guy, in fact the firmware will be nearly the same for the Gen3 and the Opus, and the Opus will be shipped with ePub, but it could be modified to read Mobi, like for the Gen3.

The version they give us this night will be out soon (more sooner than NextMonday© ) and the ePub version will be out after. The ePub version will be out before or at the same time as the Opus.

(I hope I don't miss something...)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
It's HOT! 27°C... a cool beer in hand, I'm trying to discover who's there
  • Of course Queen Z. was there first
  • I recognize FlorenceArt
  • Godzil
  • I'll keep you posted
As for machines, we have:
  • Sony (psst: Zelda has a 700...)
  • CyBook (all veeery excited tonight)
  • Kindle
  • BeBook (very interesting)
  • an Apple Newton!!!
  • eBookwise
hm, there was also Michael Dahan, from Bookeen , as well as Alain Pierrot, who was present at the very first apéro !! it was great to see him again !

also quite a few other members, including some which we met for the first time :
Xaaf was there with his Bebook so i could finally see one live !
EowynCarter
chlorine
Nammalvar
Hadrien
the Lyonnaise délégation of Gaurnim and Aphrael
ebouquin
miamigo
randy11

there was also a kindle 1 which i was able to play with for just a few minutes. i succeeded in turning the page accidentally within 30 seconds of picking it up.

Quote:
  • it's a beauty!!! : cool, white, pretty form factor, will fit in a (big) pocket
  • bootup is slow (hm)
  • there's folder management!!! With several levels.
  • it switches to horizontal mode when you turn it sideways...
  • Micro-SD :-/
yep, the opus looks really great ! nice and compact, good ergonomy (FINALLY page turning buttons on the side of the screen !!!!! and since there is an accelerometer, you can use them with right or left hand), epub, folders (!!), and very rapid refresh. i can't wait until they are available, i think quite a few people are going to love them !

Quote:
...is MOBI (no ePub yet) and sounds like a beta version :sheepishgrin:
epub will be for next update, but in the meantime, this one brings a working delete button !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Oh, come on. This is no laughing matter for me. Can't they make a release at least for the MobileRead users? You know, on purely voluntary basis.
They might think of it as a betatesting release.
abelturd, i think you won't have to wait too long now (REALLY !).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #21
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
It's been tarring and feathering that came to my mind ... after that I'd snicker.
Or ist "snickering" a French phrase for "throwing someone into the Seine and feeling better afterwards"?
"Snickering" is the equivalent of a French behavior that consists in making snide side remarks (possibly hiding your mouth behind your hand) while giggling at/ oggling the object of your wrath...
(and anger management is an interesting possibility of human life).
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #22
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Où sont les images d'hier? je voudrais regarder les liseuses, et le cybook opus.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
C'est vrai !

Les photos ! Les photos !
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #24
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Envie et Jalousie!!!

Ah que j'aurais aimé traverser l'Atlantique pour rencontrer toutes ces personnes dont je ne connais que les Avatars!!!

On peut toujours rêver!

Au plaisir, et merci pour les renseignements!

Georges

Last edited by captaingeorges; 07-05-2009 at 01:10 PM.
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

En meme temps, quand on ne connais que les avatars, voir les tête ça fait bizzare

(mais en meme temps, c'est bien aussi de connaitre les têtes ^^)
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Où sont les images d'hier? je voudrais regarder les liseuses, et le cybook opus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
C'est vrai !

Les photos ! Les photos !
we had 2 photographers taking photos last night, Clément from the site ebouquin and our very own Xaaf, they both have promised to send me the photos / upload them here but so far i've not received them. clément has already put the unboxing photos on his site and flickr so here are links to the full report :
http://www.ebouquin.fr/2009/07/05/no...u-cybook-opus/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ebouqui...7620963287700/

and i've attached a selection from the Opus Unboxing (taken by clément).

i'm sorry to say i didn't take any photos at all myself last night so we just have to count on xaaf and clément (and appreciate the photos they will share with us !).

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Ah que j'aurais aimé traversé l'Atlantique pour rencontrer toutes ces personnes dont je ne connais que les Avatars!!!

On peut toujours rêver!

Au plaisir, et merci pour les renseignements!

Georges
on espère que tu pourras être des nôtres une prochaine fois !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
En meme temps, quand on ne connais que les avatars, voir les tête ça fait bizzare

(mais en meme temps, c'est bien aussi de connaitre les têtes ^^)
c'est vrai c'est toujours un peu étonnant (surtout qu'il y en a certains qui nous font des surprises...), mais pour moi c'est pas tellement les têtes c'est d'essayer de me faire à des prénoms qui ne sont (souvent) pas les mêmes que les pseudos !! (d'ailleurs j'y ai plus ou moins renoncé).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing01.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	31683   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing02.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	31684   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing03.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	31685   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing04.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	31686   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing05dossiers.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	31687   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing06dossiers.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	31688   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing07dossiers.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	31689   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing08.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	31690   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing09dossiers.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	31691   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing10epubFeedbooks.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	31692   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing11epubFeedbooks.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	31693   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing12.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	31694   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing13.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	31695   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing14.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	31696   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing15.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	31697   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing16.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	31698   Click image for larger version

Name:	opusunboxing17.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	31699   Click image for larger version

Name:	firmwareupdate.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	31700  
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

and another one : working delete button after firmware update !

Name:	firmwareupdate.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	31702

Name:	workingdelete.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	31701

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-05-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: y en a qui chipotent pour l'ordre des photos, pfff !
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
Godzil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and another one : working delete button after firmware update !
Hum for me it's more than "Working delete buton before firmware update"

(vous savez la porte... j'y vais pas besoin de me le dire )
Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

rhâ l'autre, vas-y je vais les mettre dans l'ordre là, pfff !
Old 07-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

bon ça va mieux là ?