Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Amsay
Amsay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch frozen on sleep mode. Second one in two days.

So I got a technology and textbook grant a while back, and I decided what better way to spend it than buying an ereader. After much contemplating between the Kindle, Kobo or the Sony EReader, I opted for the Kobo touch. I got it yesterday, and it worked fantastically. For a few hours.

After it was in power down mode when I went to bed, it started to freeze up and only allow one page turn. Then I had to turn it of, start it again, just to turn one page. So I took it back to best buy. After I did the factory reset and pushed the reset button.

Instead of going and getting the Sony, I thought I'd give the Kobo touch another shot. It worked even better for a couple of hours. Then I put it in sleep.

And it's stuck there. It won't do anything. My computer recognizes it and syncs it and everything, but I can't even factory restart it, or push the pin, or turn it off. It's staying there, with an A List novel cover. I'd love to finish my book.

If anyone has any ways to make it stop, it would be fantastic. Otherwise, I'm taking it back, and probably just canning this entire ereader idea all together.
Amsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
larryt
Enthusiast
larryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Kobo Touch frozen on sleep mode. Second one in two days.

My original took 3 months before it started doing this. I've had the replacement for 3 months now and I'm just waiting for a repeat. If it does I'm done with Kobo.
larryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 02:12 AM   #3
MikaHayes
MikaHayes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 560
My kobo was dead flat so charged it on power source. Now it is stuck in 86% charge and in sleep mode. Won't do anything. Can't turn it off or on, light won't come on. It's like it's dead in sleep mode. Love my Kobo and need it working!! Any suggestions ???
MikaHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaHayes View Post
My kobo was dead flat so charged it on power source. Now it is stuck in 86% charge and in sleep mode. Won't do anything. Can't turn it off or on, light won't come on. It's like it's dead in sleep mode. Love my Kobo and need it working!! Any suggestions ???
Which Kobo model do you have?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, frozen, kobo, sleep mode, touch