Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Cool Irony

Been spending so much time setting up my Vox that I haven't had a moment to read any of the great books I have on it.

I do think my Vox was a great purchase, but Google making it impossible to get apps from the Market has meant some very convoluted maneuvering in order to get the full experience of accessing ADE, Flash, etc. (Still struggling to get Aldiko downloaded so I can access my library book...which, in another irony shows up in my basic, non-wifi Kobo, but not my fancy Vox!)

If not for this forum, I'd still be in the dark. I do like a learning curve...but I just want to READ!!! LOL

Well, this too shall pass. Just wanted to share the irony, and thank the wonderful techies here who have helped time and time again.

Happy all!
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I just posted a link to Aldiko Premium in the "How to install Calibre" thread that definitely works...(in case that is why you can't get Aldiko on your Vox). Just open the forum on the Vox browser and use the link. The download is just under the QR code...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Yes, thanks Cdesja5, I just got that. Might put off struggling with the library books until another day. LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm having too much fun doing all kinds of other stuff instead of reading! I guess eventually I'll have no more to discover about my new toy and just get back to reading...
Old 11-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast

I know I could just ignore all the other stuff and read away, but like you, I get into all the other stuff, and reading falls by the wayside. Sometimes I wish I liked technology a little less. LOL
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
I'm on my fourth book so far on my Vox. I am really enjoying reading on it - but maybe it is because I take it to and from work where there isn't any Wifi!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
I'm on my fourth book so far on my Vox. I am really enjoying reading on it - but maybe it is because I take it to and from work where there isn't any Wifi!
That would work but not for me! I'm the driver...Although I have read 2 so far in what little time I have left over!