Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #16
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
go to your device manager (rightclick my computer -> select manage -> select devicemanager)
locate the unknown device or something like that and update the driver from there

edit: ohh and use the amd64 folder if you've got a 64bit windows, otherwise use the other
Thanks for your kind advice.
Altough I did what you said, it's still saying same thing.
"Windows was unabe to install your S3C6410 Android ADB."

BTW, the USB Driver package I have is revision 3. Is this package is not suitable for IQ? I can see no other USB Driver package other than that.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 AM   #17
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
Thanks for your kind advice.
Altough I did what you said, it's still saying same thing.
"Windows was unabe to install your S3C6410 Android ADB."

BTW, the USB Driver package I have is revision 3. Is this package is not suitable for IQ? I can see no other USB Driver package other than that.
well, usb driver package 4 is out and I downloaded that one directly with the SDK manager...
but did you manually loaded the driver? btw you should select the bottom driver of the three devices you can choose when you point to the folder..

Last edited by RezzZ; 12-27-2010 at 05:02 AM.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 05:12 AM   #18
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
well, usb driver package 4 is out and I downloaded that one directly with the SDK manager...
but did you manually loaded the driver? btw you should select the bottom driver of the three devices you can choose when you point to the folder..
Ah.. maybe my SDK is kind of outdated. revision 3 is all I can get there. I tried to manually load the driver. I could only browse folders from my computer and could not point a specific driver file.

I'm too much overheated. I need to have a rest for a moment.
Thanks again!
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Ah.. maybe my SDK is kind of outdated. revision 3 is all I can get there. I tried to manually load the driver. I could only browse folders from my computer and could not point a specific driver file.

I'm too much overheated. I need to have a rest for a moment.
Thanks again!
I don't believe the driver is the problem. Only difference between rev3 and 4 is the addition of the sammy Galaxy S...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #20
katzki
Zealot

Thanks, RezzZ
I succeeded to install usb driver software!

Another question..
I cannot go on with this line below.
It seems that the directory where I unzip the file is the IQ_gapps folder. But I'm always getting the message "permission denied".
Spent more than 30min on this problem..
Could you help me? TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
adb shell /(The directory where you unzip the file) /system
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #21
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks, RezzZ

Another question..
It seems that the directory where I unzip the file is the IQ_gapps folder. But I'm always getting the message "permission denied".
Could you help me? TIA
what do you get when you try the command mount? is the system folder mounted as rw (read/write)?
If not try to remount the folder with adb, or open root explorer on your IQ and mount the system folder RW there.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #22
katzki
Zealot

Quote:
what do you get when you try the command mount? is the system folder mounted as rw (read/write)?
If not try to remount the folder with adb, or open root explorer on your IQ and mount the system folder RW there.
I can run a root explorer on my IQ and mount the system folder as RW.

My command prompt is on the directory where adb.exe exists. (in my case, it is platform-tools.) I still cannot go further with it receiving the message 'permission denied'.

Do I have to unzip the files on my IQ's system folder? overwriting some files?

Last edited by katzki; 12-27-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #23
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Thanks, RezzZ

Another question..
Could you help me? TIA
It means that the shell command for making the system folded read/write has not worked somehow.

I use Linux 64-bit with root to push the apps but it is not that different. If you use root explorer, mount your system as read / write.

For those of you using the market, I have noticed that downloads might be slow to start but they do after a minute or two. Also, you will noticed you can view and installed 2.1 software. It is normal because you need 2.1 software to work on the IQ for the market to start.

Let me know how it goes! :-)
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
katzki
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
It means that the shell command for making the system folded read/write has not worked somehow.

I use Linux 64-bit with root to push the apps but it is not that different. If you use root explorer, mount your system as read / write.

For those of you using the market, I have noticed that downloads might be slow to start but they do after a minute or two. Also, you will noticed you can view and installed 2.1 software. It is normal because you need 2.1 software to work on the IQ for the market to start.

Let me know how it goes! :-)
Still being 'denied permission'...
My OS is windows vista 64 bit, btw.
and the device I installed is 'Android composite ADB interface".. (am I right?)
Anyway, it successfully detected my IQ.

Althougth I made the system folder mounted as r/w, still permission being denied.

May I unzip the "IQ_gapps" folder on my desktop screen?

Last edited by katzki; 12-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #25
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Double post, sorry
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #26
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, RezzZ

Another question..
Could you help me? TIA
I am blocked too at the installation of the USB driver. How did you do it ? Baby steps please, I am sure I have forgotten sthing, I just can't for the life of me find out what!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #27
katzki
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I am blocked too at the installation of the USB driver. How did you do it ? Baby steps please, I am sure I have forgotten sthing, I just can't for the life of me find out what!
What I remember is.. as RezzZ directed.
'My computer' --> right click --> manage --> Device Manager
then you will find the unidentified device from the list. on the device, right click again --> update drivers (I guess)

Now you will see the option 'pick the driver yourself'.. (sorry,cannot remember exactly what it said.) There you, yourself go to the folder where the usb-drivers exist there you will find .inf file. Clicking it will show you three devices. I chose the 3rd one "android composite adb interface". And then it was installed. Now, you will see your computer detect the device correctly.

Sorry for my ugly description. but believe me.. this is my best.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #28
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Now you will see the option 'pick the driver yourself'.. (sorry,cannot remember exactly what it said.) There you, yourself go to the folder where the usb-drivers exist there you will find .inf file. Clicking it will show you three devices. I chose the 3rd one "android composite adb interface".

Nope, sorry, under windows 7 in the Device Manager, if I want to choose the driver for my device, I cannot click on the .inf file at that stage, I can only choose the usb folder and that's it. If I click then "install" I get the answer you kept having previously. Thanks for your effort though, and it was very understandable, just not working for me right now. I am wondering whether I have the right ub driver though....
Old 12-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #29
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Still being 'denied permission'...
My OS is windows vista 64 bit, btw.
and the device I installed is 'Android composite ADB interface".. (am I right?)
Anyway, it successfully detected my IQ.

Althougth I made the system folder mounted as r/w, still permission being denied.

May I unzip the "IQ_gapps" folder on my desktop screen?
composite sound right. That worked for me too.

did you try the root explorer approach? to mount the folder rw?
you can unzip on your desktop
but it's easier if you extract in the adb.exe folder
Old 12-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #30
katzki
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
[/B]

Nope, sorry, under windows 7 in the Device Manager, if I want to choose the driver for my device, I cannot click on the .inf file at that stage, I can only choose the usb folder and that's it. If I click then "install" I get the answer you kept having previously. Thanks for your effort though, and it was very understandable, just not working for me right now. I am wondering whether I have the right ub driver though....
I guess you are at the wrong place. That's what I did for several hours...
You should not browse your folders to find driver installing software.
Somewhere you will see 'Pick~~~~ device~~~' thing at the bottom of the message box. You have to start from there...

BTW, I'm still stuck at the 'adb shell /unzipped directory name /system part...