Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
9/11 Commission Report (isilo)

An isilo version of the 9/11 Commission Report has finally been released.

From the site:

Description:
This is not simply a conversion from the original PDF to HTML like the other imposters out there! No less than 20 hours of hand editing were used to make this a a perfect compilation.

This version is "superlinked", meaning that every link, annotation, and resource within the document is linked to the relevant resources in the Notes and Appendix.

A completely new Table of Contents was added, a mini-TOC was added to each chapter, navigation elements were added to the top and bottom of each page to aid in navigating the document, and much much more!

High-resolution version also available.

Download the file here.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:51 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
EEP! Where did it say the Plucker Team did this conversion? Arg.

Actually, it was just me that did it, on my own. I think PalmGear probably has the email address pointing to one global address for the Plucker project, but this document is definately a creation of my own design.

Please don't email the Plucker global address about this document. Feel free to email me directly if you have ideas, suggestions, comments, or just want to rant at me for awhile in email, or for any other reason.

You can also see the official announcement pages for the two versions at the following links, which will always include the latest versions in both Low-resolution and High-resolution formats.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
David,

the confusion is perhaps that most people (rightly?) believe that you have always been the driving force behind the Plucker Reader project.

For many members here your very person is synonymous for the entire Plucker team, and I think of this more as a compliment as of anything else.

Alex
Old 09-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
EEP! Where did it say the Plucker Team did this conversion? Arg.

Actually, it was just me that did it, on my own. I think PalmGear probably has the email address pointing to one global address for the Plucker project, but this document is definately a creation of my own design.

Please don't email the Plucker global address about this document. Feel free to email me directly if you have ideas, suggestions, comments, or just want to rant at me for awhile in email, or for any other reason.

You can also see the official announcement pages for the two versions at the following links, which will always include the latest versions in both Low-resolution and High-resolution formats.
Sorry for the confusion. I edited my original post.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
No worries, good work...

I have another document of similar quality coming out soon. I may put this one up for a "voluntary" donation to my personal PayPal account, or maybe to the Plucker project, not sure yet.

It will be available shortly. I'm just taking the time to make sure I test it in 3 of my Palm devices (greyscale lores, color lores, color hires) to see that images and text flow properly.