Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 09-17-2003, 10:45 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lightbulb All forum limitations removed!!!

Hello everyone!

You probably have noticed my lack of activity in the past weeks. The truth is, I was very busy with other projects (professional and private). Above all, my girlfriend from the US had spent some months with me, and just left again.

But I haven't given up yet - expect changes here soon! In the meantime, I hope you appreciate the fact that I will remove all forum limitations now.

Unregistered members have full read rights - to post something you need to register.

Keep in mind that your "Mobile Geek" status will still come handy as soon as my planned changes for turcic.com are in place

As always all the best,

Alex

PS: If you are good in web design, you could really make a difference here by helping me out! I know the tech tools (php, xhtml, ...), but when it comes to picking colors, I suck (proof at http://www.turcic.com).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:34 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Um, what's wrong with the colors?

Maybe I suck?
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I *like* the colour scheme too.... What's that say about me then?
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:03 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally posted by sUnShInE
Um, what's wrong with the colors?

Maybe I suck?
Quote:
Originally posted by cbarnett
I *like* the colour scheme too.... What's that say about me then?
Heh, ok, maybe it is not just the colors. Though some people wrote me emails that the main pages were difficult to read on their browsers.

Web design (the actual design like layouting, coloring, choice of font etc) is not my strength. I prefer to do the work behind the scenes, like programming interfaces. It will take some more time until I can come up with a decent new design by myself, *unless* someone here can work with me together on something new
Old 09-19-2003, 01:09 AM   #5
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
Don't feel so bad...I am in the same boat...can do anything with the tools except create something that looks great.

Good move removing the limitations, I think it will go a long way to keeping the site open.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:39 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I noticed that the 'Community' Section still had some view restrictions for unregistered users. Fixed now.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Alexander,

Who's better than you?
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by brahamt
Alexander,

Who's better than you?
Heh I'd say anyone who is better with picking colors is also better than me Seriously, I think I am a poor nerd who knows how to write programs in any language, but who doesn't have a clue how to design a pleasant looking web page
Old 09-21-2003, 03:50 PM   #9
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Actually, I like the design. It is clean and uncluttered. Just the way I like it.

BTW, the answer to my question is noone.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote