Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Official SDK from PocketBook

Hi!

My build of the PocketBook SDK

http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net

My version of SDK is based on official PocketBook SDK but have some advantages:

1. Debian packages (can be converted to rpm and tgz);
2. Simple make files

Make file example for calc:

Makefile:
OUT = calc
VPATH += images
include /usr/local/pocketbook/common.mk

calc.mk
SOURCES += calcexe.c
BITMAPS += button18.bmp button19.bmp button4.bmp button9.bmp

3. No need cmake and the working directory doesn't contain cmake-produced files;

4. Supports 3 types of builds that are not interfere with each other:

make BUILD=arm
make BUILD=arm_gnueabi
make BUILD=emu

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 06-17-2011 at 05:47 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Yes, mtravellerh told us.
But is it officially released yet, with the documentation and all ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Yes, mtravellerh told us.
But is it officially released yet, with the documentation and all ?
It's officially released but w/o documentation yet.

I've maked deb - packages for this SDK. The compiler/libs/headers are the same as in the official SDK, but with makefiles from my latest SDK (PBSDK-linux-2011-02-10.tgz).

The installation is simple:

1. Download pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_i386.deb or pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_amd64.deb (depends on your linux architecture) from here: http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/

2. For debian-based linux just install it:
Code:
sudo dpkg -i pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_i386.deb
or

Code:
sudo dpkg -i pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_amd64.deb
3. For RPM-based linux convert the package to RPM:

Code:
alien -r pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_i386.deb
or

Code:
alien -r pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_amd64.deb
and install rpm

4. For other linuxes convert it to TGZ

Code:
alien -t pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_i386.deb
or

Code:
alien -t pbsdk-linux-1.0.4_amd64.deb
and copy "usr" from the package to your /usr

5. To make an example (inkdemo):

* mkdir ~/projects
* cd ~/projects
* cp -r /usr/local/pocketbook/sources/inkdemo .
* cd inkdemo
* make BUILD=arm (or make BUILD=arm_gnueabi)

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 06-17-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

PBSDK 1.0.6

SDK 1.0.6 released.

1. Some makefile options are corrected;
2. links browser (sources provided by PocketBook) is added to "sources" and can be built with this SDK.

To build links with Ubuntu 10.04 x64 I had to:

1. Install libtiff4-dev;
2. Make a symlink to libbz2.so in the /usr/lib32
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
compiling for emulator

Thanks for SDK build. I was able to get the arm and arm_gnueabi compiles working, but using BUILD=emu doesn't work, because it isn't finding a libinkview (etc).

Is that supposed to work? Does the linking need some other flags or directories?
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

working SDK

I got it working. I had converted to a tar.gz and moved the folder into place, because I was using a CentOS VM. Apparently I somehow missed the /usr/lib/libinkview.so in that process. Then it was having a hard time because of different curl linkages. So I switched to using Ubuntu and installing the deb. So far it looks good.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
gshank
Enthusiast

it's working great

Thanks for the work on the SDK. Everything is compiling, including the themes. Now to figure out something useful to do with it...
Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshank View Post
Thanks for the work on the SDK. Everything is compiling, including the themes. Now to figure out something useful to do with it...
hi gshank, would you have the .txt files for the themes (I am hopeless with technical stuff, wouldn't know how to extract them rom the SDK )
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
gshank
Enthusiast

txt for themes

You need all the resources too, if you want to compile a theme. I have the sources for 4 or 5 themes that I've collected. I've attached the cleanlook source, which seems to be popoular.
Attached Files
File Type: gz cleanlook.tar.gz (140.1 KB, 1020 views)
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hi gshank, thanks for this - I do have resournces for some otehr themse, but these were those developed for the PB360. And from a quick inspection of your file, this is not for the 90X models, am I right?

I though the SDK had the "modern" theme for the new models, while to use cleanlook I would ahve to emulate the 360 interface, am I getting this right?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I got it working. I had converted to a tar.gz and moved the folder into place, because I was using a CentOS VM. Apparently I somehow missed the /usr/lib/libinkview.so in that process. Then it was having a hard time because of different curl linkages. So I switched to using Ubuntu and installing the deb. So far it looks good.
Sorry,
I didn't receive email notifications ...
Old 06-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
gshank
Enthusiast

no themes in the SDK

Paola:

There are no themes in the SDK. I did find a pbt file with the modern theme. If you find the sources for the modern theme, let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip modern.pbt.zip (96.6 KB, 749 views)
Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #13
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Paola:

There are no themes in the SDK. I did find a pbt file with the modern theme. If you find the sources for the modern theme, let me know.
Hi gshank, many thanks - I am monitoring the Russian forum for the sources, I'll let you know if and when I manage to get them!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
gshank
Enthusiast

unpacked modern config file

I've found that you can extract the config file from a .pbt file by running 'pbres -u modern.pbt -'. You can also extract the resources, but I haven't yet figured out what to do with them. They're not actually bitmaps, so they probably aren't uncompressed. Will do some more experiments...
Attached Files
File Type: zip modern.cfg.zip (3.3 KB, 697 views)

Last edited by gshank; 07-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
paola
Wizard

gshank, thanks, this is super!!! can try and play around with this, many many thanks!