Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
A Slideshow For Your iLiad

This isn't exactly a software release as it's built into your iLiad. Doesn't look like anyone knows about it though...

It's possible to watch a photo slideshow on your iLiad. Right now, you'll have to manually edit the manifest.xml to add/remove other pictures, but this should give you a good start. Who knows, maybe I'll decide to fire up Visual Basic and make an easy windows application that generates the necessary files.

I've attached an example slideshow that uses screenshots from my Iliad (it might be a bit confusing...). You can edit the manifest.xml to change pictures and add news one's if you like. It should work with any file format that the notes application can view (png, jpg, gif, etc).

Oh, and you shouldn't even need shell access for this to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip slideshow.zip (330.6 KB, 538 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Napoleon
Master of the Universe
Napoleon is on a distinguished road

Device: Irex Iliad 2/e
Hi Adam,

First of all, let me thank you for all your valuable contributions to the iliad's world!
Just a question about this slideshow, i cannot seem to find a way to adjust the duration
of each image in the slideshow. I've tried by editing the manifest file (as well as the other non-image files) but with no success.

Would you be so kind in giving me some pointers about this?

Thanks again,
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert