Old 12-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Dumb question about Amazon App Store

When I buy an app for my Kindle Fire using my PC, I get the following message:

Quote:
Where's my app?
Open the Amazon Appstore for Android on your device to download and install your app.
What exactly does this mean? I always click on Apps, then Store and then have to search for the App as if I were buying it directly from the Fire.
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrue View Post
When I buy an app for my Kindle Fire using my PC, I get the following message:

What exactly does this mean? I always click on Apps, then Store and then have to search for the App as if I were buying it directly from the Fire.
After you're in "Store," click the menu icon at the bottom of the page. There you'll see a "My Apps" icon at the bottom left. That should allow you to install your purchased app.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
sugrue
sugrue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Excellent Batman. I knew it had to be something simple like that.
sugrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Why arent you just using your Fire to go to the store to get the app instead of using your PC?

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-13-2011 at 04:23 AM.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugrue View Post
Excellent Batman. I knew it had to be something simple like that.
Glad it helped. I couldn't figure it out either until I saw someone else ask about it...
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Why are you just using your Fire to go to the store to get the app instead of using your PC?
Maybe the PC wasn't handy at the time? Or, maybe the particular user hadn't browsed Amazon's appstore prior to getting the Fire?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
Actually it's even simpler than that. If you make sure you have selected "Cloud" instead of "Device" in the Apps screen, everything you have purchased shows up - the ones that need downloaded with a little arrow in the corner of the icon. Just select it and it will download it.

If you don't see it, tap in the upper right corner where the wifi status thing is, then select sync. Give it a few seconds and it should show up.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
sugrue these are all great answers but also remember that there are NO dumb questions when you want to learn something. Never be afraid to ask for help. Someone will always be able to help.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote