Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #151
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemarine View Post
I would like to report the patch (title not italic) is working on my H2O. Thanks a lot!
Thank you for confirming that it works on H2O!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #152
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
Does anyone know if the patch for 3.15 work on 3.16?
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #153
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Patches are always release specific.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #154
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.16.0

Actually, my intention was to improve a little on this patch. But it seems I cannot spend much time right now. So here is what I have now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.16.0.zip (482.9 KB, 215 views)
Old 06-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #155
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Actually, my intention was to improve a little on this patch. But it seems I cannot spend much time right now. So here is what I have now.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #156
wikiped
wikiped began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
@tshering
Tried to patch AuraHD after update to 3.15.0 and unfortunately can't get neither dictionary pop-up nor book shelf and top menu to show up in bigger font (despite the fact that I have increased all the fonts for Dragon by another 50%).

Before update I had successfully installed patch for version 3.5.0 which did its job very well. I thought that maybe there are lines missing in patch txt file...

When we did experiments with you last time on the bigger fonts you had extracted quite a big file
Code:
conf_libnickel.so.1.0.0_plus50.txt
(1 054 482 B) which worked perfect for AuraHD.

Is it possible to extract the same for 3.15.0 or perhaps explain how to get it done?

Many thank in advance.

Last edited by wikiped; 07-21-2015 at 12:27 PM.
wikiped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:12 PM   #157
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiped View Post
@tshering
Tried to patch AuraHD after update to 3.15.0 and unfortunately can't get neither dictionary pop-up nor book shelf and top menu to show up in bigger font (despite the fact that I have increased all the fonts for Dragon by another 50%).

Before update I had successfully installed patch for version 3.5.0 which did its job very well. I thought that maybe there are lines missing in patch txt file...

When we did experiments with you last time on the bigger fonts you had extracted quite a big file
Code:
conf_libnickel.so.1.0.0_plus50.txt
(1 054 482 B) which worked perfect for AuraHD.

Is it possible to extract the same for 3.15.0 or perhaps explain how to get it done?

Many thank in advance.
I included all css blocks containing font-size that I was able to find. So I cannot help you with this.

Changing the font size of the dictionary (name=Dictionary) however should definitely work. Did you change the values? Different from most other css blocks, in this case there is only one value for all models (because in the original code, there are no preset values, but the values are dynamically set at runtime). I preset the values as I found them fit for the Touch (or maybe the Glo, I cannot remember). These values will be to small for Aura HD of course. Take care that you change the values in that patch that is enabled (since there are two patches with name=Dictionary).
For the next version I will take a different approach to handle such cases.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #158
wikiped
wikiped began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Changing the font size of the dictionary (name=Dictionary) however should definitely work.
You are right it did work just fine. The reason I had the problem was that I 1st applied "bad eyes" patch and then copied two patched files to the source folder of GeoffR's patch which ignores 'nickel' file.

But thanks anyway - your reply did help me in finding the root of the problem.

By the way I noticed that in 'libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt' there are duplicated reference to the same address:
Line 153: position=BCD194
Line 578: position=BCD194

One is disabled anyway - so it doesn't cause any issues.
Thanks for the patch again looking forward for the "new approach".
wikiped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #159
tshering
Wizard

wikiped, I am glad it worked for you. For an example of how to combine GeoffR's and the bad eyes patch cf. posts #144ff.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:12 AM   #160
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
@tshering.
I recently upgraded my Glo to FW 3.17. Any chance to get Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.17.0 ?

Thanks in advance!!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #161
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.17.0

Same rules, limitations ... as in the last versions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.17.0.zip (487.8 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by tshering; 08-17-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #162
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Same rules, limitations ... as in the last versions.
You are so fast! Thanks a lot....

PS: Applied the patch. Works like a charm in FW 3.17.0

Last edited by drjd; 08-17-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: To inform the result.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #163
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
You are so fast! Thanks a lot....

PS: Applied the patch. Works like a charm in FW 3.17.0
I am glad it works for you.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:29 AM   #164
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
Hi tshering, is it possible to update the title no italic patch for FW 3.17.0? Thank you in advance!
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:46 AM   #165
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemarine View Post
Hi tshering, is it possible to update the title no italic patch for FW 3.17.0? Thank you in advance!
Since an new FW is supposed to appear very soon, I will wait the next FW.