Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
How to convert these html files to ePub?

Someone recently gave me a book that comprises about 25 html pages along with a CSS file and I would like to pull these all together into an ePub to read on my iPad rather than wade through them in my browser.

I tried creating a zip file of all of them and renaming it an epub and that didn't work. Is there any other easy way of getting this converted?

TIA
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX

I am so that I missed that in the docs. :embarrassed:
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post

I am so that I missed that in the docs. :embarrassed:
Don't be. Note that 90% of the time you don't need to follow that procedure. It's only needed if you have completely independent files. Most of the time you will have been given an index.html file or equivalent that has relative links to your multiple html files. Just drag in that one file into calibre, and calibre will find and add all the rest.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #5
bblatt
bblatt began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Someone recently gave me a book that comprises about 25 html pages along with a CSS file and I would like to pull these all together into an ePub to read on my iPad rather than wade through them in my browser.

I tried creating a zip file of all of them and renaming it an epub and that didn't work. Is there any other easy way of getting this converted?

TIA
I don't have the index file how can it be generated
bblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblatt View Post
I don't have the index file how can it be generated
If it doesn't already exist, you create it yourself in a simple text editor. The content details are shown quite clearly in the link in post #2. You'll need to change the links to match your real filenames.

Once it's created just drag the index onto the calibre library window. If you've created it correctly all the linked files will also be automatically pulled into calibre into a zip file. Then you convert the zip to whatever format you want, e.g. zip-to-epub or zip-to-mobi.

Another option is to use the calibre Editor (or Sigil) and import the individual html files to create an epub. This may be easier for you or more difficult depending on your experience of html & css editing.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote