Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Screen responsiveness adjustment in new models

I have seen at least a couple of comments suggesting that the sensitivity of the Sony's new touch screens is adjustable. I have read through the 650 manual, and have seen nothing about this. I see that the contrast and the brightness of the screen is adjustable, but I do not see anything regarding the sensitivity of the screen. Perhaps, it was a mistake, or maybe I just misunderstood someone.

Either way, I would appreciate comments from those who have worked with the new units, on how well the new screen responds to both finger and stylus movements. If I understand correctly, that the screen no longer requires pressure, like the current ones? How does it compare to the 600, say for finger-swiping a page turn, or for using the stylus to select a word for dictionary look up?

Andrew
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote