Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Daemon
Daemon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Suggestion: A "view newly added books" option

An option to view just the most recently added books.

Useful when adding large numbers of books at once. Would make fixing up the tags, etc. afterward much easier.
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Most people achieve this by temporarily attaching a tag identifying such books for this purposes.

An alternative way that does not require the use of tags and works for most books is to simply sort in the GUI in reverse order on the Date field.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Daemon

A 'new book' tag would be great if it could be added automatically when importing books. Easy enough to do by hand when it's 5 or so books, more annoying if you've just raided PG for 50+ titles.

Actually, being able to set tags when adding a book would be excellent. (ie. a screen popping up asking you for any tags you might want on the 50 books you've just added)

Last edited by Daemon; 08-23-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Try putting date:today into the searchbar. Save it as a custom search and a restriction if it's useful.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
An option to view just the most recently added books.

Useful when adding large numbers of books at once. Would make fixing up the tags, etc. afterward much easier.
When you import books, they are always put at the top of the library view. They will stay there until you do a search, a sort, or some other operation. I take advantage of this fact to use the approach itimpi suggests. I select the books I just added (the top N books), then use bulk metadata edit to add a 'ToDo' tag. When done importing and setting the tag (can loop several times), I apply a restriction that limits what I see to books tagged with ToDo, and then clean up as needed.

If I remember, before importing I set the 'ToDo' restriction. That way after importing, the library view will contain only books that already have or that should have the ToDo tag. All that remains is to select all and apply ToDo.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #6
Daemon

Ah, I hadn't really noticed that new entries were automatically stuck at the top. That does make it a bit easier.