Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Calibre and Kindle Help Please

I've been using Calibre for at least a year now, probably more. I love it! It has made my ebook life so much better.

I'm having a problem now that I don't understand. I'm running 0.7.7 on a Vista machine [yeah, I know, so not my choice either]. Previously - lets say at least 6 or so updates ago that I know of, when I would edit metadata for corrections and send it to my Kindle the book would come over corrected, everything as it should be. I noticed lately tho', that even when I have everything correct in the file, I've removed the old file from my Kindle, and I send it over via "send to device" or "save to file" and move it over, the info remains unchanged on my Kindle [Kindle 1 btw]. The only way I am now able to push the metadata changes is to convert the file which is a real pain to have to do on every book. Also, the fonts don't always come out right and I can't read it because it's too small. Admittedly conversions are not my forte where fonts are concerned. Also, nothing has changed on my machine other than Calibre and any Vista updates.

Anyone with any ideas? I've lost a lot of enjoyment because of my frustration with this. Thanks in advance.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You might try rebooting the Kindle. As I recall, some of the metadata on the kindle is cached. I remember having this problem when making small changes like capitalization.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've rebooted and cleared my indexes more than once while this was going on but I'll give it one more shot and report back. Thanks for replying.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Oh, and just in case someone asks, I have rebooted the computer multiple times too.

It worked!!! Don't know why it didn't before but it did this time. Thank you!!!!