Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
RikaStrom
RikaStrom began at the beginning.

Device: ebook ETI-2, Palm5
ETI or IMP files for Calibre

Good evening. I recent discovered Calibre on a recommendation from a colleague. I have a question, but haven't been able to see where it might have been asked and answered previously.

When I first got in to ebooks, I purchased the ebook reader from www.ebookwise.com and use the third party software they recommended as a content management tool.

Alas, there is a bug in the latest release where if you process, let's say an HTML story, it will occasionally hose the formatting. Meaning if you open the book, it will actually show you the HTML code, very distracting. I think that might actually be the HTML file's fault. The second biggest issue is that it occasionally likes to drop formal names, so you'll be reading along and you have no idea the name of the town, person, place.

So, Calibre was mentioned as a tool that processes multiple formats, and allows for exporting just about any format to a particular device.

Can the tool take my already processed IMP formats (all 2300 of them) and move them into Calibre?

Thank you for any information and assistance.
Rika Strom
RikaStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IMP is not a supported format. The full list is here

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ersion-to-from
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaStrom View Post
Can the tool take my already processed IMP formats (all 2300 of them) and move them into Calibre?
That's a lot of .imp files.

I created a program/tool called deimp which can extract the text (but will loose all formatting and hyperlinks) within your .imp files, but only if they are non-DRM i.e. not encrypted. It will convert an entire directory tree of .imp files with one invocation of the included Microsoft batch file program called "extract text from imp files.bat". I think it could be made to work with Linux or Mac OS X.

Deimp will also extract the images, but does not retain their place within the text file (it marks it though with "|^|")). It was written with the primary goal of being able to salvage your .imp files if you moved onto a different/incompatible ebook platform.

Once you have the text files, then feed those to calibre and you are all set.

You may also want to try a program called ConvertIMPGUI, which can create a more visually appealing .html extracted file (with hyperlinks and images intact) as its output.

If you want to explore this further or have any other .imp-related questions, feel free to post in the IMP E-Book Formats subgroup.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
RikaStrom
RikaStrom began at the beginning.

Device: ebook ETI-2, Palm5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
That's a lot of .imp files.
Oh thank you! I'm looking to convert from my ebookwise device and was dreading having to pull out all my original source material.

LOL, Yeah, have a ton of books, got involved in the ebookwise/fictionwise thing years ago, and I blow my book budget every time.

I will head over to the IMP section too and wander about.

Much appreciate the assist. Will definitely need the weekend to review all the data.
RikaStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
cam
cam began at the beginning.

If you bought your purchases from ebookwise/fictionwise you should still be able to download them. This time download you ebooks as a rocket ebook (RB) and import them into calibre. calibre will convert RB books but not IMP. Go figure. You can still use calibre to manage you imp files you just cannot convert them.
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
While I applaud you wanting to help, you answered in a thread that is just under a year old.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #7
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Sometimes the answer is still needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
While I applaud you wanting to help, you answered in a thread that is just under a year old.
Sometimes the answer is still needed, even if it has been many years.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote