Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
shy8629
shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Arrow Need sleeve that fits Paperwhite with Amazon cover

Hi guys,

The Paperwhite seems a little fragile for me despite being in its leather cover hence the reason why I need additional sleeve especially for travelling. Do you guys have any suggestion on which sleeve to buy that is neither too loose nor too tight for the reader with cover on?

Thank you in advance
shy8629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Mine has been unfortunately pulled from the market so I can't talk it up any longer. That said I would like to disabuse Shy of what of his/her assumptions, the cover needs to be made for the paperwhite. The skque that I have been happily using for a few years now I have used with two Libra Pros, an Kindle three and now a paper white and it has done great for each so no the cover that shy gets does not have to be specifically made for the paper white.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I use this one for my Kobo Glo in it's sleepcover case. I don't have a PW, but I'm guessing they are close in size. I like to carry my USB cord with me, which is why I use a cover and a sleeve. The inside fabric (nylon?) is nice a slippery, so it is easy to slide the case out.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shy8629 View Post
Hi guys,

The Paperwhite seems a little fragile for me despite being in its leather cover
Huh? Maybe I've been spoiled, but compared to the K4 the Paperwhite is a brick. (The K4's backplate actually flexed if you touched it. No need to press, a touch was enough.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
shy8629
shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Huh? Maybe I've been spoiled, but compared to the K4 the Paperwhite is a brick. (The K4's backplate actually flexed if you touched it. No need to press, a touch was enough.)
I suppose I'm getting a tad paranoid since my K3 broke after I put it in my handbag without any other protection besides the leather cover I "think" putting it in a sleeve will make me feel slightly better.
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes I put my Paperwhite while in it's case into a sleeve when I take it out in my bag. I recently got a black Belkin Sleeve. I picked it because it top loads. I think I got it on ebay.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #7
shy8629

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes I put my Paperwhite while in it's case into a sleeve when I take it out in my bag. I recently got a black Belkin Sleeve. I picked it because it top loads. I think I got it on ebay.
Can you share the link, please? I have my eyes on one sleeve by Case Logic. One of the customer's photos showed that the product can fits the Paperwhite. So here's hoping that it's true.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I made a nice custom sleeve (for PW w/Amazon cover) out of ultrasuede.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I made one for my K3 when I first got it: bubblewrap, some strong card and then made a simple silk cover to go over that (which I then got my mum to embroider with a pretty pattern)
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I can't find an exact link but it looks like this one.

I can't see from that picture if the zipper allows top loading.

That's what I paid, as I recall. And the faux leather front adds a lot of stiffness and protection. It's a good case.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I have this one in red and it fits the PW with the official cover. It's the original KK case, so not sure if the updated model made for the PW and KT would be large enough as well.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
shy8629

Nice finds, you guys! The BUILT sure looks fancy but I think it's pretty pricey for someone in a tight budget as me. I suppose I'll choose either Belkin @ Case Logic. Thank you so much for your help!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I have this one in red and it fits the PW with the official cover. It's the original KK case, so not sure if the updated model made for the PW and KT would be large enough as well.
I have this sleeve as well and it is excellent. A little pricey, yes, but provides very good protection.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
When I got my Touch, it came with a Timbuk2 sleeve. I figured with my luck I'd drop it getting it out of the sleeve, so I got a case instead.

THIS should give you an idea of size if the link works, and THIS guy is still selling them.

(of course, if xendula's case was a LITTLE pricy, the Timbuk2 would be way out of the running.)

Last edited by SampleAndy; 02-14-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: comment on price.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I love love love Timbuk2 and have way too many of their bags and cases. Luckily, this was my cheapest Timbuk2 purchase ever: I found it at Homegoods for $8.

Last edited by xendula; 02-14-2013 at 11:47 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote