Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Zabriskie
Zabriskie began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch
An reader able to read several "genre" tags on Calibre.

Hello,

Sorry for my english level.
Well, I have a PocketTouch, very good product except for one thing : On library management, Touch could only read the first tag genre, defined in Calibre.
For exemple, if i've categorized a book with tags "Horror, Love, Thriller", Touch displays me only "Horror" in Genre.

Worst : Calibre sorts automatically all tags in one column, et we can't choose the "first tag" read by Touch. Others are simply ignored.
So, i'm f....d in the both sides. Very problematic for me.

So, I wonder which readers don't ingnore all genre tags defined in Calibre ?

Thx

Zab
Zabriskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The Sony T1 will create collections for multiple tags on the same book. It is awesome for library management in conjunction with Calibre. Using your example, your book would be listed in 3 different collections.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Zabriskie
Zabriskie began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch
Thanks Booklover6, I hoped that it was Sony reader could manage this kind of problem.
I'm very grateful for your information.
Zabriskie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genre