Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-18-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Steals and Deals Sites

Reading Morpheus' post about Belkin coupons reminded me that I wanted to start a "tech steals and deals" thread for our members.

I realize that there are quite a few of these sites out there...
TotalDeals
Ben's Bargains
TechBargains
Slickdeals
Deals on the Web
and even Overstock.com

Alot of these guys have the same info and just repeat each other. But I recently came across a really cool site, xpBargains, which I think beats them all. Here's an example of their current PDA bargain searches:

Quote:
May. 16 Exp: May. 21 Lowest Price: $400 deal talk(0)
Store Rating: Product Reviews: rate it

Very hot deal. CompUSA has the Sony CLIE UX40 Handheld for only $400 - $100 instant discount (exp 5/21) = $300 w/ penny shipping.

Built-in Bluetooth, 310K Camera w/ 3X Digital Zoom, Flip & Rotate Design, keyboard, Video recording and playback, MP3.
While some of the other sites have this deal, it's generally buried. XPB has its own PDA Deals page. I also noticed last week that they were the only site that pointed out that you could combine offers at Overstock.com to get a Tungsten T3 for $260. Can you say 'scha-weet deal'?! (Note: Techbargains, which I really do like alot -- particularly their memory price listings -- has the TT3 deal listed on their front page, but for $282!)

XPB has also just started a sister-site, xpGadgets, which looks somewhat redundant but useful for new consumers who want basic info.

Do you have cool tech bargain links you wanna share? Any you love more than others? Any tips? Post 'em here!

sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #2
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
I like www.pricegrabber.com . Found my zire71 there for $216 including shipping and a free mp3 player kit by mail.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yup. I often look at pricegrabber first to compare with other bargains. Btw, here is the direct link to pricegrabber's PDA list:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_a...ular-/start=0/
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Yea, I use PriceGrabber too, but I've seem to find better deals looking at XPBargains. Like I said, they just seem to do the leg work.

For ex, I've been looking at the T|T3 lately and no one else has pointed out the coupon savings at Overstock.

Any other sites you like?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.resellerratings.com/ is another great resource. Found these:

Staples: 12% discount off everything
http://www.staplescentral.com/custom...preciation.htm

BestBuy: 10% discount off everything
http://postpublisher.net/h/bestbuy/a...1_Url_0&A=1007
Advert
Old 05-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #6
sas
Enthusiast
sas began at the beginning.

Device: T650 & T/T3
froogle?

Does froogle match here

I definitely prefer it nowadays better than pricegrabber.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #7
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
sas, I think froogle totally rocks! Makes me almost shiver how much I depend on Google nowadays
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:53 PM   #8
sas
Enthusiast
sas began at the beginning.

Device: T650 & T/T3
Me too)

What I really love about them is the 'KISS' principle

+ that 'keep it clean'
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:25 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Here is another one:

http://www.edealinfo.com/ and
http://www.edealinfo.com/coupons.shtml
Old 06-03-2004, 04:54 PM   #10
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

Czech out diz vun:

http://members.aol.com/hij/
Old 06-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #11
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

Btw, yes, Froogle totally qualifies...

and it rocks!

I remember when they first launched, I spent about 2 hours marvelling at the Ikea catalog online. Goofy, I know, but they don't support any online product info (or didn't at the time).
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Ebay.com and Ebay.ca
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote