Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #136
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
I don't have any way of showing periodicals yet, I'll start thinking about that now I have it more stable.
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #137
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
I don't have any way of showing periodicals yet, I'll start thinking about that now I have it more stable.
Cool, thanks.

Thinking about this some more from a UI angle, I'm wondering if you could have an option to override "Collection 1" or "Collection 2" (either on each collection or as a periodicals specific option) to be replaced with "New Periodicals" if there are any present?

Another option which would be more like the current Sony homescreen functionality would be to list the first new periodical at the top of the "Currently Reading" list.

Next question... After a USB sync, the book lists are empty and I need to restart SonyPrsT1Home for it to see the books. It is possible to add some sort of USB disconnect notification and then rescan/reload the book list?

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #138
cendrieR
cendrieR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
(snarkophilus : in the first post of this topic there is a link to the google page of the project, where the current issues and wished enhancements are gathered)
cendrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #139
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Cool, thanks.

Thinking about this some more from a UI angle, I'm wondering if you could have an option to override "Collection 1" or "Collection 2" (either on each collection or as a periodicals specific option) to be replaced with "New Periodicals" if there are any present?

Another option which would be more like the current Sony homescreen functionality would be to list the first new periodical at the top of the "Currently Reading" list.

Next question... After a USB sync, the book lists are empty and I need to restart SonyPrsT1Home for it to see the books. It is possible to add some sort of USB disconnect notification and then rescan/reload the book list?

Cheers,
Simon.
okay, in version 0.0.3.0, periodicals (and recently added) can be shown as one of the collections on the homescreen.

My app reads all it's data from the Sony databases, so if these haven't been populated by the sony software, there will be no books shown. when you reboot, I guess that the Sony software is kick started into populating the database (or unlocks it so I can get a read only view on the data)
Old 01-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #140
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
okay, in version 0.0.3.0, periodicals (and recently added) can be shown as one of the collections on the homescreen.
Cool, thanks! I don't see 0.0.3.0 on the downloads section yet, so I'm guessing that you can choose either a collection name or periodicals or recently added as a collection? What I'd love to see is something like "Unread periodicals, if none then fall back to a collection".

Quote:
My app reads all it's data from the Sony databases, so if these haven't been populated by the sony software, there will be no books shown. when you reboot, I guess that the Sony software is kick started into populating the database (or unlocks it so I can get a read only view on the data)
From my understanding with Android, if you have any partition mounted on a host (ie, the "sdcard" partition mounted on your Windows machine as E: or whatever) then it's unavailable to Android at that time. This is the same on Android phones and my Sony T1.

For example, if I fire up terminal and type "df" I can see /mnt/sdcard. If I connect USB in data transfer mode, then /mnt/sdcard disappears. I suspect that SonyPrsT1Home is looking somewhere under /mnt/sdcard for the Sony databases and if it can't find it it presents an empty homescreen?

Starting the Sony "Home" app though does show books, but if you try to open them then the "Home" app force closes. I guess from this that it must cache the database somewhere..

Cheers,
Simon.
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #141
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

I'm trying to keep the roadmap page in the wiki up to date showing when the next release is planned for.

see: Roadmap
Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #142
brunooules
brunooules began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-T1
hello; very good job.

just a question:
I have rooted and installed the home yesterday, the first page of the home seams to work perfectly, but in the second page nothing work: no audio Items, no note item.. it looks like the home doesn't see the libraries.

is it normal for moment (development?) or is it a problem only in My case?
thanks
Bruno
brunooules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #143
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Page 2 hasn't been been developed yet, I have now found a way of counting notes, but I haven't found a way of opening the apps to show notes/pictures/audio.

I will probably remove the second screen as all of the functionality can be accessed by using the 'Apps' button and opening apps directly.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #144
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
Page 2 hasn't been been developed yet, I have now found a way of counting notes, but I haven't found a way of opening the apps to show notes/pictures/audio.

I will probably remove the second screen as all of the functionality can be accessed by using the 'Apps' button and opening apps directly.
If you're taking votes, can you please leave the second screen as is, or at least very similar to what it is now? Using the "Apps" button shows all installed Android apps and the scrolling is woeful. Having the second screen with just the reader-specific apps and the nice simple layout is a big win in my opinion.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #145
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
+1
I like the idea of the second page. Just take your time for development.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #146
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Hi mrspaceman,

With the current 0.0.3.0 version it looks like it's not finding the database on my T1 (no SD card inserted).

The "currently reading list" is empty, while the two collections underneath are populated clicking on any book gets a force close. Selecting "My Home Settings" from the menu also force closes. The "Books", "Collections" and "Periodicals" at the bottom all show (0).

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #147
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

I know people are saying that they want a second screen, but what do you want it to do?

I cannot get Notes (text or handwriting) to work as it seems like Sony have made the activities private (or something) and when I try to call them they crash. So to have these notes would mean me writing the complete list/create/edit/view functionality myself.

the 'All notes' button can work and shows a list of annotations.

pictures and audio are similar to notes and I would have to re-write all the functionality.

as I use my sony as an ereader only, I will be concentrating on ebook functionality. I can have all that with only 1 screen.

so my question is:
what would people like to see on a second (third/fourth) screen?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #148
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Hi mrspaceman,

With the current 0.0.3.0 version it looks like it's not finding the database on my T1 (no SD card inserted).

The "currently reading list" is empty, while the two collections underneath are populated clicking on any book gets a force close. Selecting "My Home Settings" from the menu also force closes. The "Books", "Collections" and "Periodicals" at the bottom all show (0).

Cheers,
Simon.
Have you tried:
  1. rebooting the Sony?
  2. Uninstalling and re-installing the homescreen?

does the Sony Home work okay? (show books and allow opening of them)?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #149
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Quote:
Have you tried:
  1. rebooting the Sony?

just realised what I did.
I didn't test without an SD card present.

I'm fixing it now and should have a new version in a day or two.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #150
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Quote:
Have you tried:
  1. rebooting the Sony?

just realised what I did.
I didn't test without an SD card present.

I'm fixing it now and should have a new version in a day or two.

(oh, to have two devices for testing)