Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #31
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Received from frodonl (thanks!), passed on to MrsJoseph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonl View Post
And now I am going to look for something else to order from them - while I like freebies, I like to support nice companies too.
If you like short stories or would prefer to have a lot of authors' stuff to sample before committing to a full-length work, may I suggest the April 2009 Night Shade Books bundle?

For only $20 you get two novels and four short story collections. Two of the collections are "Year's Best" and two have entirely new stories; all by authors who are generally fairly high quality.

Night Shade has also been pretty generous with the freebies, both on their regular website page (you can sample some of the stories from Eclipse One and Two there, and get two full novels) and their special time-limited promotional giveaways.

Mind you, they've not been as generous with that unfortunate late royalty payments to some of their authors issue last year, but I think that's been resolved and they're back on track now.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #32
frodonl
Weird Dutchie
frodonl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2IL (wifi, 4GB)
Thanks, ATDrake - that one just got added to my wishlist. I'm a bit low on funds right now (just paid for a trip, in a week, to Berlin, so need my money ).

For now, I ordered ""The Best of Frederik Pohl" - the short stories should be perfect for that trip.
frodonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I would like in on this if possible. I am sending a PM to MrsJoseph (I think that is right??)
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #34
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just got the email from MrsJoseph (thanks!). So, I need to wait for someone else before I redeem my code, right?

Mary
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #35
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
I just got the email from MrsJoseph (thanks!). So, I need to wait for someone else before I redeem my code, right?

Mary
Welcome!
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #36
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
PM Sent to rxmom03.

I'll start one for September 2011 after this one dies down, since I was going to start one for August but y'all beat me to it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #37
rxmom03
Addict

Watch your email for a coupon, CRussel, I just sent this in :-)

Mary
Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #38
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
Watch your email for a coupon, CRussel, I just sent this in :-)

Mary
Got it! Many thanks, Mary.

Any more takers? PM me with your email address if you want in.
Books in August's WebScriptions bundle: (note - books marked Forthcoming will not be available for download until roughly July 15th. But partials will be available for online reading starting approximately May 15 (half) and June 15th (three-quarters). )

Ghost Ship Forthcoming by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

The Wild Side Forthcoming by Mark L. Van Name

First Command Forthcoming by A. Bertram Chandler

Monster Hunter Alpha Forthcoming by Larry Correia

Tran Forthcoming by Jerry Pournelle

Do Unto Others by Michael Z. Williamson

Citizens by John Ringo and Brian M. Thomsen
Old 05-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #39
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonl View Post
Order placed and Webscription should have sent a mail to ATDrake by now.

And now I am going to look for something else to order from them - while I like freebies, I like to support nice companies too.
Take a look at the Baen Free Libraryfor a good place to start reading some of their authors.

I recommend 1632 by Eric Flint. I was completely surprised and very much enjoyed this book, and am now working my way through the entire universe of books and stories based on it. This is far better than you would ever expect.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #40
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Got it! Many thanks, Mary.

Any more takers? PM me with your email address if you want in.
Last call. Any more? I don't want to close this out if there's anyone else.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Last call. Any more? I don't want to close this out if there's anyone else.
OK, it looks like this thread is dead. I'm going to go ahead and use the coupon. I'll be starting one for a different month in a couple of weeks.

Thanks all who participated and kept the thread going. That's a lot of free books from Koland's initial $15 purchase.