Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #1
writerkit
Enthusiast
writerkit began at the beginning.

Device: none
Validating epub returns warning

I just put my epub draft (which is now working in all devices) through the validator at:

http://validator.idpf.org/

and it returned a "Warning" with the following message:

"item (iTunesMetadata.plist) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file"

Any ideas what this means? And should I worry?

I'm afraid I don't quite yet know where to start when it comes to editing anything in the zip file. Mainly I'm not sure what to use to do this, and how I would go about making sure the revisions take, i.e. saving the new document and re-zipping(?) the file.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, running Snow Leopard, if it helps.
writerkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the Tweak Book feature in calibre and simply delete the itunes file. Once deleted, its gone forever, unless you let itunes handle your epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
writerkit
Enthusiast
writerkit began at the beginning.

Device: none
Again thanks, Kovid. I use iTunes to transfer epub files to both the Nook and iBooks apps on my iPhone. Will deleting the plist compromise my ability to do this?
writerkit is offline   Reply With Quote