Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #121
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@AwesomeM: Oddly enough, the 'source' (install) & build scripts .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #122
AwesomeM
AwesomeM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 nonTouch
Sorry If I ask another time, but I want to be sure. Do I have to take all the files, put them on the root and then just update my kindle?
AwesomeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #123
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@AwesomeM: Nope, just the .bin file.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #124
AwesomeM
AwesomeM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 nonTouch
Well everything turned back to normal now, thank you a lot. You are my friend even if I piss you off

Now the procedure I think should be something like this:
1.Update to 1.4 (done)
2.Doing the hack again (Because there is no Screensaver folder)
3.doing fontshack...just a joke

Last edited by AwesomeM; 10-30-2012 at 02:53 PM.
AwesomeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #125
Wolowizardry
Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kinlde 4 (Grey)
So is the screensaver hack still working on 4.1?
Wolowizardry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #126
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolowizardry View Post
So is the screensaver hack still working on 4.1?
I don't know about this method but there is an alternative one here.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #127
Jackie7
Enthusiast
Jackie7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I tried this on a black kindle 4 with firmware 4.1.0, and it didn't work, I still have the runme.sh file after restarting twice.

Is there another method without jailbreak? Why does this one not work?
Jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #128
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Jackie7: The K2/3/4 thread is over here.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #129
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Jackie7: The K2/3/4 thread is over here.
Sorry if I sound stupid, but where on the 214 pages is described how I could get my 4.1.1 Kindle to allow custom screensavers without jailbreaking?

I've uploaded the data.tar.gz file mentioned in this thread and also the RUNME.sh but just the data file disappears. The RUNME never seems to be executed.
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #130
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Skeeve:

Without jailbreaking? You can't.

With a jailbreak, yes, cf. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking and the thread linked in the message you quoted.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #131
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Skeeve:

Without jailbreaking? You can't.

With a jailbreak, yes, cf.
Okay… But 2 things I don't understand:
  1. It seems both approaches (jailbreaking and the non-jailbreak screensaver hack) work with mntus.params in the data.tar.gz. Why would the one work, the other not
  2. In both mntus.params I see a case switch for the serial number, if I'm not mistaken. All serial numbers start with "B0". Mine starts with "90" (9023). Is this an issue?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #132
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
Okay… But 2 things I don't understand:
  1. It seems both approaches (jailbreaking and the non-jailbreak screensaver hack) work with mntus.params in the data.tar.gz. Why would the one work, the other not
  2. In both mntus.params I see a case switch for the serial number, if I'm not mistaken. All serial numbers start with "B0". Mine starts with "90" (9023). Is this an issue?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #133
Skeeve
Zealot

Yes… Saw that now. But still it's not one of the case-s in the mntus.params
Old 11-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #134
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
Yes… Saw that now. But still it's not one of the case-s in the mntus.params
Is B023 in there?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #135
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It is, but that's not the only way the script detect the device. IIRC, the fallback is more or less correct on those weird 90** devices, provided it's a K4/K5.

Still no idea where the hell those come from, though.