Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Custom styles not recognized by CoolReader

I'm just using CoolReader in my brand new Iconia, but it seems it does not respects styles. All appears as normal text except italics and bold. No chapter page separation, etc...

I've installed PC version and it shows well the same epub file. Then I've taken PC css files and I've put into .cr3 folder in the Iconia internal SD.

Does not matter if I put them into .cr3 or cr3: it seems Coolreader is not reading them.

Internal file system is mounted in /mnt/sdcard, and Coolreader seems taking fonts stored into /mnt/sdcard/fonts but not styles from /mnt/sdcard/.cr3 nor /mnt/sdcard/cr3.

What I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by rfog; 05-04-2011 at 04:13 PM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I'm just using CoolReader in my brand new Iconia, but it seems it does not respects styles. All appears as normal text except italics and bold. No chapter page separation, etc...

I've installed PC version and it shows well the same epub file. Then I've taken PC css files and I've put into .cr3 folder in the Iconia internal SD.

Does not matter if I put them into .cr3 or cr3: it seems Coolreader is not reading them.

Internal file system is mounted in /mnt/sdcard, and Coolreader seems taking fonts stored into /mnt/sdcard/fonts but not styles from /mnt/sdcard/.cr3 nor /mnt/sdcard/cr3.

What I'm doing wrong?
Nothing. The Cool Reader will not read internal memory.
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Nothing. The Cool Reader will not read internal memory.
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Then, when I receive my 32GB microSD card, putting there, it will be read?

However, it reads fonts folder fitted at same level...
Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Try a slightly older version from source forge.
It used to work fine.
(Still does, on the PB IQ.)

Last edited by fjtorres; 05-05-2011 at 09:47 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post

What I'm doing wrong?
From what I've read the css info should be in /cr3/epub.css in the root directory of the external sd card. But like you, I've tried /cr3/epub.css in the external and internal sd cards and I can't get it to work on either Android 2.1 or 2.2.

Cool Reader has a few bugs to take care of and it will be a great ereader (line spacing doesn't work and two line headers aren't handled properly).

Regards - John

P.S. Although it's been years since I have been there I still long to return to sunny Spain. Wonderful country! Wonderful people!

Last edited by Jabby; 05-05-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Try a slightly older version from source forge.
It used to work fine.
(Still does, on the PB IQ.)
Would you tell me exactly what the folder name is that contains the epub.css file and where you put the folder? I can't get it to work on my PB IQ (repack).

Here are two simple test epub.css files:
1) p{margin-left:3em}
2) p{text-indent:4em}
When I put either of these files in a folder named "cr3" (in root directory of the external sd card) nothing happens. Either of these changes would be easy to see.

Thanks -John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
rfog
Guru

Well, after some problems until my Iconia recongnized my 32GB microSD, it seems Coolreader does not work with custom styles.

The true is that is does not work with other folders than /mnt/sdcard. That is, if you try lo launch CR form a file explorer from other sites different that /mnt/sdcard, it shows an error and does nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
P.S. Although it's been years since I have been there I still long to return to sunny Spain. Wonderful country! Wonderful people!