Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #5761
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1, K3, K4s, iPad, iPhones, KV
Hmmm -- Apparently there is a film remake of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. due to come out August 14, 2015. Whaddya know! I wonder if it'll be any good. Then again -- since I wasn't allowed to watch the original, how would I know???
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #5762
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Hmmm -- Apparently there is a film remake of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. due to come out August 14, 2015. Whaddya know! I wonder if it'll be any good. Then again -- since I wasn't allowed to watch the original, how would I know???
Ok, I have seriously mixed emotions about this. I'm a big Guy Ritchie Fan--who'da thunk of whats-its as Sherlock, and damn, it works--but ARMIE HAMMER???? As my beloved Ilya? EEERK!!!!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #5763
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9½.
Corrupt-A-Topic (anymore off-topic and it would be on-topic)

I remember The Man from U.N.C.L.E. as being a partnership between the two agents, but re-watching the first few shows recently gave me the impression that it was originally intended as a vehicle for Robert Vaughn. I can only assume that David McCallum's character proved so popular that he was quickly given more air time.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #5764
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9½.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

An upcoming "action-comedy." Oh, boy. (And that wasn't an exclamation of joy.)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #5765
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I remember The Man from U.N.C.L.E. as being a partnership between the two agents, but re-watching the first few shows recently gave me the impression that it was originally intended as a vehicle for Robert Vaughn. I can only assume that David McCallum's character proved so popular that he was quickly given more air time.
Agreed--I think that's exactly what happened. I think Vaughn patently appealed to adult women, but McCallum definitely had that Pop-Star thing going on. I remember that a next-door neighbor, a then-teenage girl, had all sorts of girl/tween/teen magazines with his face plastered EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
An upcoming "action-comedy." Oh, boy. (And that wasn't an exclamation of joy.)
Yeah, me too. But...then again, I was moderately dubious about the Holmes casting, as well, and I couldn't have been more wrong.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #5766
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1, K3, K4s, iPad, iPhones, KV
Quote:
That's exactly how Wikipedia described it. You have a good memory! Of course, Wikipedia is just the combined memory of anybody who posts and edits, I guess. But that must be how it happened!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness