Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
geniodiabolico
geniodiabolico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello From Myrtle Beach

... actually I live inland from Myrtle Beach, but I'm typing this from a Starbucks across the street from the ocean.

I'm Dave, I've been a member here since January but haven't used the account much. I've had a Kindle 2 for 2.5 [edit - actually 1.5] years and before that was an ereader via Handsprings, Rocket ebooks and for a while a Sharp Zaurus. Although I'm tempted to buy a Kindle 3, I avoid early adoption and prefer to let all the hardware and software bugs shake out (and some price drops hopefully) before I purchase. I'll wait until the Kindle 2 isn't doing the job before I upgrade, not basing it on the zippiest upgrade available on the market.

I made a post earlier today pointing to an ebook related side project and got accused of being a spammer. I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself by way of engaging fully.

I use Calibre to gather the MobileRead news stories and read on my Kindle but I haven't used the forums much to this point. As a support question, is there a way to get RSS feeds of the forum posts? If so, can you get them per topic?

Thanks all. Happy reading.

Last edited by geniodiabolico; 09-09-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: typo
geniodiabolico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Sorry you had the bad experience, but don't let that deter you. For the most part, this is a pretty "friendly" site.

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
geniodiabolico

Sandra, thanks. This ain't my first rodeo so I know what to expect. There is nothing you can post on the internet that someone won't push back on, including that the sun rises in the east and that puppies are cuddly. I appreciate the warm welcome.

d

PS - I typoed original post, I've had the Kindle 2 for 1.5 years. I sat out the Kindle 1 waiting for improvements, bought the Kindle a few months after it was released.

Last edited by geniodiabolico; 09-09-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Dave.

Glad you decided to come back.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
geniodiabolico

Thanks desertgrandma.

I'm a typo machine today, and every one changes the factuality of what I'm trying to say. I should quit while I'm behind.
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
GinoXB
Connoisseur
GinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura about

Device: Aluratek Libre
Welcome to MR Geniodiabolico!
GinoXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello and welcome. I'm new too and have made a few mistakes in posting. I'm still trying to get the hang of it.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi Beniodiabolico, and welcome to MobileRead.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi geniodiabolico and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
geniodiabolico

Thanks all.

I still don't understand whether it is possible to get RSS feeds for the forum posts. Is there a way to do that?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
okay.......I just clicked on that little orange "rss" symbol at the top of the page.....there is a "subscribe now" button when you do that.

Is that what you are looking for? I am not knowledgeable about that........don't use it myself, so if 'm wrong...........don't beat me!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #12
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Glad you persevered . Spam is "one of those things" - sometimes it pays to err on the cautious side .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Dave. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #15
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello, G. Welome to MR. You must know by now that we're a very friendly bunch.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote