Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
wgwood
Camping Fool
wgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color w/CM 7.2
Greetings from Laguna Beach

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been the happy owner of my first reader, a PRS-300, for 5 days. I do a lot of camping and would usually pack about 20 books to take with me on a 3 week trip. Now I can carry enough to last a year!!!

I had always thought that readers had a computer-like screen which gives me eyestrain, but this e-ink is amazing. I set the font size to medium and I am good to go.

Oh, and this forum has already saved me money. Since the PRS-300 does not come with an AC adapter, I was resigned to spending money to pick one up. Then I read on a post that the Creative Labs adapter for their Nomad Jukebox series works fine. Well I happen to already have 2 of those as well as the DC adapter. Yep, they work fine.

Thanks Again!

Regards,
Greg
wgwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Greg, and Click image for larger version

Name:	item_628_tmb.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	51894 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Greg,

Welcome!

~Donna~
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Greg and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over two years and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Greg, welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote